test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Introducing the Swarm Lock Box!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
The secrets of the Hu'rq will be yours to command with the launch of Age of Discovery, and the release of the Swarm Lock Box!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11005863

Comments

• miirikmiirik Member Posts: 483 Arc User
    i been saving all my dil, all my EC for zen and keys, and I even threw ya a 20 for more keys. I BEEN WAITING FOR THIS BOX FOR LIKE 9 MONTHS (or so), MY BODY IS READY!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    While I can understand the lack of ground weapons, some of this stuff does sound rather interesting. Not only that, something that buffs Torpedos... VERY interesting.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    That new ground trait will make Sompek very interesting next time around
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
    Might have to consider the trait for my Romulan Engie. Drone Master Engie needs more minions.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    So let me get this straight. The Infinity appears on September 27th for two weeks (or October 11th) according to the initial Blog. This one appears on October 9th with AoD. The second Infinity Blog says October 5th. How is this two weeks?
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    I'll have to go replay the relevant missions to be sure, but I get the distinct impression that the imagery presented of the Ravager has it rolled about 90 degrees sideways. Oh, and I would be surprised if the Hur'q ship consoles do not comprise a set.

Two things with respect to the Hur'q vanity shield: one, why doesn't the blog have relevant imagery (i.e. how it looks on an example Starfleet, KDF, and Romulan Republic ship); and two, it should be a line item on its own, not a possibility from a sub-package.
    rattler2 wrote: »
    While I can understand the lack of ground weapons, some of this stuff does sound rather interesting.
    The space weapons' description is odd. On the one hand, it sound like the proc is a DoT; on the other hand, the DRE console uses a similar principle to apply a resistance debuff (see: disruptors). This does not excuse the absence of ground weapons, whose models could be smaller versions of the acoustic resonator (with the longarm versions being arm-mounted to boot). And, logically, that resonator should do extra damage to Tholians.
    Not only that, something that buffs Torpedos... VERY interesting.
    Especially if the buff stacks; it would make the two missile launchers that much more fun... and yes, that might also apply to the ground counterpart if you like to use the 'katars' (Furiadon Fangs)...
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    OOOOO these Captain Traits and Kits Modules sound fun. :)
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Hopefully the stats on the ships, traits and other gear are good because, visually, nobody is going to care about this box.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • axisomega623axisomega623 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Hopefully the stats on the ships, traits and other gear are good because, visually, nobody is going to care about this box.

Exactly - these weapons Dot remind me of Undine weapons....even similar colors for ships
    Q'palaa & Jolan'Tru, --> Beyond Fleet Admiral

iconians.png

"The Iconians and their allies are here...we must stop and save them at the same time before they destroy us...out of TIME"
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    galatt wrote: »
    That new ground trait will make Sompek very interesting next time around

You mean this one?
    Ground Trait: Hive Defenses

Chance when hit by an enemy to summon an Attendant reinforcement to aid you in combat for a brief duration, up to 3 total reinforcements.

Personally i think the manuals are more interesting. The powers themselves are not something i see using on my various characters.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Have the blogs ever bothered to show the cosmetic shield visuals?

Not that I care because its yet again buried under the chance of a chance nonsense. Just make it a low to mid level prize slightly higher on the scale than the pointless padding items that are nowhere near the value of a key.
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    Hu'rq related stuff suggests that this lock box probably should have hit a couple of months ago, but whatever.
  • voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    Hu'rq related stuff suggests that this lock box probably should have hit a couple of months ago, but whatever.

Maybe, but a Discovery-themed lockbox ran a few months ago... which is what they'd have normally run in conjunction with a Discovery-themed update.... and the introduction of the Hurq overlapped with the Dominion update which had a dominion-themed lockbox... so the timing ultimately makes sense.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They always do the race specific Lockbox after you've played the Missions against the race.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    This does not excuse the absence of ground weapons, whose models could be smaller versions of the acoustic resonator (with the longarm versions being arm-mounted to boot). And, logically, that resonator should do extra damage to Tholians.

Its a bit of the same situation as with the Tzenkethi Tetryon weapons. We can't exactly retrofit them to be usable by smaller people. The Lobi weapon looks like they modified a standard issue Hur'q weapon, which could be their version of a rifle, into a heavy weapon. Same was done for the Tzenkethi minigun thing. Its a personal weapon for their species, but its a heavy for us because we're smaller.
    And I agree. Anything that uses harmonics should in theory be more effective against Tholians.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    One of those Hurq ships reminds me of an A wing.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Deconstructive Resonance Emitter Universal Console: passive boosts to kinetic, phaser, CtrlX; Active power: Kinetic Dmg (ignores shields) every sec for 6 sec to enemies within 45 degree front arc plus deconstructive resonance reducing all dmg res, stacks 12 times and disables foes, skills that affect this ability, EPG.

Kinetic Damage is not an exotic damage type. Physical damage is. This must be a typo.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿