test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Historical Simulations: Suggestion

heavensrunheavensrun Member Posts: 215 Arc User
So I really like the idea of having missions as "historical simulations" for characters for whom they make sense. It addresses a lot of issues that come up with MMO gameplay and also means that characters in other factions have an excuse for enjoying content that doesn't fit their character.

Given that this is the new normal, I was thinking it might be neat if going into a holodeck in-game triggered a mission menu where you can select any "simulation" and start the mission chain from there. Not only would it give the holodecks in-game new life and purpose, it would add to the flavor and feel of the game I think a lot.

Any thoughts from the community?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    This would be nice for replaying the faction starting missions without creating a new character, including replaying other factions. So a Romulan could replay the TOS or Federation or KDF missions not just the Romulan ones.

For the low-level missions they could reduce your level like on Nimbus, possibly also disable ship gear slots and weapon slots, disable boff powers, and give you the option of a holographic disguise for your ship.
This discussion has been closed.