Install Arc

Playable Borg

marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
Would you want Borg faction
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Playable Borg 99 votes

Borg Collective
14%
mattjohnsonvajcswwvaloreahdamainxdjf021rezkingxindax76alphagoroseckitrekpuppystorulesmarty123#3757furyan#5289atlantis#9395 14 votes
Borg Cooperative
24%
nightkenqualo11sophlogimogaraks31meimeitoovegeta50024chroma01wraithshadow13kyle223catmarkhawkmanevilmark444liantheliadarthoriciasuran14mikadzukichizerokillcf2011makron02mas134gluck123uliwitnessbubblegirl2015 24 votes
No Borg Faction
61%
talonxvcoldnapalmshpoksbaddmoonrizinallyoftheforcegaevsmanjonsillsreyan01zarato4218bloodyrizwhere2r1kodachikunopsycoticvulcanazrael605rattler2seaofsorrowstunebreakerspacehermitangrytargranvage 61 votes

Comments

• atlantis#9395 atlantis Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Borg Collective
    Hell yea it'd be nice to have Borg around.. It wouldn't be too hard to make too.. The queen would give all the missions & stuff and you could accept the mission and do it just as if the borg queen is controling you, and if you don't want to you can decline and pretend she didn't give out such orders (yet) and they could make Elite Drones LTS or like the gamma vanguard Jemies while others would be normal Drones (tactical,medical etc...)
    Also the borg would be able to fly any faction ship by just assimilating it and i bet quite a few ppl might like to go around flying borgified ships and attack the federation or other factions which could boost the sales of Zen ships cuz some ppl would possibly be more motivated to get em, not to mention they would have Zen ships for the borg too like the jem'hadar ones which would be a must have for any borg fans.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    No Borg Faction
    Seriously... This horse is so dead that even the butcher can't use the meat anymore.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    No Borg Faction
    No more factions. Please. There's not enough manpower to maintain anything close to even the Republic's hollow shell of a faction. I'd much prefer just adding Borg costume options to the store. I know it somewhat dilutes the Liberated Borg race from lifetime subscription, but it would be cool to get the outfit pieces for non-Human/Klingon/Romulan species.
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    No Borg Faction
    What?
    No.
    No.
    NO.
    No no no.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    No Borg Faction
    We will inevitably get Bord cooperative that "allies" with fed or kdf but honestly, just leave the Borg alone. Pa-lease.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    No Borg Faction
    No more mini-factions that get a small smidgeon of content to play and then are left completely abandoned. We don't need anymore, although we will probably get a 3rd Federation faction with Age of Discovery that after about 4-6 feature episodes become standard Fed's.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • relicthiefrelicthief Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    No Borg Faction
    Borg ship for liberated Borg players please, but no faction.
    Ancient Alien.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    No Borg Faction
    I'm not swedish.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Borg Cooperative
    Wouldn't mind a cute Cooperative Sphere. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    No Borg Faction
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Coming to you soon, in a lockbox. No need for a new faction for that.
    Borg Cooperative
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Coming to you soon, in a lockbox. No need for a new faction for that.

Yeah. I don't think I can change my vote any more; but yeah, Faction isn't needed, but the Sphere itself would be nice.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    No Borg Faction
    no.
    Some baddies should remain baddies

You can't be part of the Collective and be player character anyways.
    You would automatically be computer-controlled as soon as you made the character. Just like when you get assimilated during a mission.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    No Borg Faction
    I would like instead a revamp of the Borg, and new missions. If they could be more frightened than ridiculous, that would be also interesting. they should be the ultimate villains.
  • rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    No Borg Faction
    I would like instead a revamp of the Borg, and new missions. If they could be more frightened than ridiculous, that would be also interesting. they should be the ultimate villains.
    I agree.
    The Borg should totally make a comeback

• mulic#6457 mulic Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    No Borg Faction
    But we already have playable borg? I can see the appeal of a non-liberated Borg faction but it is one that really would in my opinion be hard from a creative standpoint, They don't really do a lot the Borg do they? They just try to improve things via assimilation and uniformity. Not really a compelling story to tell.
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Borg Collective
    Sorry was confused about this. OP were you asking a playable borg or a playable borg FACTION? We already have a playable borg that you can get. I know it is a "Liberated Borg" but technically is still a BORG:
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Liberated_Borg

Now, if you are asking for a faction that is another story. It will happen but long from now when devs don't have anywhere else to turn to. For now they can still write so many other different scenarios before going there. IMO will happen but a matter of time.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    No Borg Faction
    They would never be able or willing to pull it off in a way that would satisfy me.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    No Borg Faction

They ARE the ultimate villians in a lot of post TNG Star Trek games. And frankly OVERUSED IMO.

The main reason they were such a powerhouse when we first saw them is because no one knew how to fight them in the 2360s. Now its 2410, and EVERYONE knows how to fight them. New technology has been developed specifically to fight the Borg.

Also Janeway's stunt with the Transwarp Gate Network was a pretty big blow.

Face it guys... the days of the Borg as the Uberevil... are long over. They're still a threat yes, but they will never achieve the level of threat they had in the past because unlike the Borg, the rest of the galaxy doesn't need to assimilate new things to learn. They learn through experience. And boy have they gained experience. The Borg don't innovate. They steal and adapt. Hence why they were so advanced. Now we're catching up so that technological superiority is less of a factor.

So yea... Borg as the next uberenemy... ain't gonna happen. We practically eat them for breakfast. The only time they are a major threat is like when Vega got attacked. Overwhelming numbers. But what came out of the attack on Vega? Nothing! We got the system pretty much locked down tight. They ain't gettin' out.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    No Borg Faction
    A bad idea repeated over and over is no less a bad idea than the first time it was stated.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    628.jpg
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    No Borg Faction
    No. Cryptic can't even handle multiple factions for this game very well. If you want to play as a Borg, go LTS. Want to play a "Borgified" ship? Do Omega rep stuff for the assimilated parts and the weapon set, and slap them on a ship.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Borg Cooperative
    rattler2 wrote: »
    They ARE the ultimate villians in a lot of post TNG Star Trek games. And frankly OVERUSED IMO.

The main reason they were such a powerhouse when we first saw them is because no one knew how to fight them in the 2360s. Now its 2410, and EVERYONE knows how to fight them. New technology has been developed specifically to fight the Borg.

Also Janeway's stunt with the Transwarp Gate Network was a pretty big blow.

Face it guys... the days of the Borg as the Uberevil... are long over. They're still a threat yes, but they will never achieve the level of threat they had in the past because unlike the Borg, the rest of the galaxy doesn't need to assimilate new things to learn. They learn through experience. And boy have they gained experience. The Borg don't innovate. They steal and adapt. Hence why they were so advanced. Now we're catching up so that technological superiority is less of a factor.

So yea... Borg as the next uberenemy... ain't gonna happen. We practically eat them for breakfast. The only time they are a major threat is like when Vega got attacked. Overwhelming numbers. But what came out of the attack on Vega? Nothing! We got the system pretty much locked down tight. They ain't gettin' out.
    Conceptually the Borg only really worked when they had the ability to basically smash anyone, any real fight where they had to actually work for a victory didn't go well for them. But Borg combat doctrine seems tailored to efficiently assimilating races that, realistically, have no chance of winning a fight. Thus they have to come up with better tactics in cases where meaningful resistance exists...

Honestly as old as the Borg are you'd think they'd have a playbook a million pages long of attack scenarios instead of simple brute force attacks. I mean they allegedly love efficiency. Efficient combat means winning with minimal casualties and collateral damage.

Personally I'd imagine them using some truly terrifying weapons(like warp capable missiles that scatter assimilation nanites across an entire continent), yet we don't see that in the shows. They indirectly HINT at it when they say that some races actually HAVE chosen to simply surrender to the Borg. But we never see what the Borg did to make them surrender. Was it simple intimidation? Or did the Borg do something to be a legitimate threat?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    nope.
    1. no customization, really.
    2. flying a borg cube? really? just.. no
    3. the traits will either be overkill or worthless
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
    Borg Cooperative
    nixie50 wrote: »
    3. the traits will either be overkill or worthless

And this is actually why I think playable Borg should be on the FCT list: the Borg are so vastly OP, that giving that kind of power to players either makes said players totally OP, or simply neuters the Borg to where they might indeed as well just be Swedish. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,194 Arc User
    Borg Cooperative
    So many Borg haters...how can you hate Borgs? It's like hating puppies or babies?

im-sorry.-please-dont-hate-me.jpg​​
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    No Borg Faction
    Bad idea, No.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    No Borg Faction
    And i also want a puppy and a surfboard oh and a submarine!
  • xindax76xindax76 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Borg Collective
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    No. Cryptic can't even handle multiple factions for this game very well. If you want to play as a Borg, go LTS. Want to play a "Borgified" ship? Do Omega rep stuff for the assimilated parts and the weapon set, and slap them on a ship.

Atm LTS is not worth the price. Maybe if Cryptic give promotion and lower price to 100 USD, i will buy. But not for 200-300 USD, waste of money.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    Borg Collective
    I would gladly grind a toon the old fashion way, if they did The Borg how they had the old KDF stuff. It was basically a tutorial and PvE grind to max level. They could release a mission or two or recycle some of the older Borg missions that have been removed to give The Collective that playable evil prospective that STO is majorly lacking.
This discussion has been closed.