test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New FAW nerf?!

I just checked my SCM combat log for a CCA run, and, to my great dismay, I noticed the hitrate of my Isolytic Plasma beams was... 67%! You gotta be frakkin' kidding me?! I have a 66.3 accuracy rating on this ship, natively! (As seen in stats, sans buffs) That can't be right. I know they nerfed acc on FAW, but a 66.3 acc rating should have more than compensated for that.

What the heck did they do!?
3lsZz0w.jpg

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    Does SCM track the invulnerable phases properly? If the game engine uses misses for that it would drop the hitrate significantly. Some of the fragments might also have an extra accuracy penalty.

You should check this in a different queue while we start to collect our torches and pitchforks :)
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Does SCM track the invulnerable phases properly? If the game engine uses misses for that it would drop the hitrate significantly. Some of the fragments might also have an extra accuracy penalty.

You should check this in a different queue while we start to collect our torches and pitchforks :)

You may be on to something. :) Astute observations!

Just went to the Terran BZ (for the Endeavor), and hitrate was like the usual high 99.85%. So, this may indeed be just a specific CE deal, where certain things are perhaps not counted as hits.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    giphy.gif
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    The problem is definitely the fragments.

They have an issue where they can become pretty much completely unhittable. It happens on FAW and Scatter Volley alike.

I went in with my Scimitar running CSV III with tons of extra accuracy. I lined up a field of about 6-8 shards, opened fire for a good 10 seconds and missed every single one. It was actually quite funny.. but yeah, those things are broken big time.

I have had the same issue with FAW and CSV, sometimes the shards just simply cannot be hit. It doesn't seem to happen during the fight, but once the Entity dies, the shards left behind are just better left alone. If I target one and don't use FAW or CSV I can hit them much better, but they seem to be completely unaffected by anything AOE. You miss them no matter what your accuracy rating.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

They have an issue where they can become pretty much completely unhittable. It happens on FAW and Scatter Volley alike.

I went in with my Scimitar running CSV III with tons of extra accuracy. I lined up a field of about 6-8 shards, opened fire for a good 10 seconds and missed every single one. It was actually quite funny.. but yeah, those things are broken big time.

I have had the same issue with FAW and CSV, sometimes the shards just simply cannot be hit. It doesn't seem to happen during the fight, but once the Entity dies, the shards left behind are just better left alone. If I target one and don't use FAW or CSV I can hit them much better, but they seem to be completely unaffected by anything AOE. You miss them no matter what your accuracy rating.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. :)

I jumped the gun a bit on this one, but for a moment I thought maybe they had fixated acc on BFAW, to always suck. Good thing that's not the case.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Thanks for the detailed explanation. :)

I jumped the gun a bit on this one, but for a moment I thought maybe they had fixated acc on BFAW, to always suck. Good thing that's not the case.

Given how frequently they like to nerf things in this game for no apparent reason, I would say you were justified in your assumption. :smile:
  • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    I'd personally suggest removing faw's damage penalty. Since beams are way more "balanced" than they were before and every option now suits a type of builds - cannons rock - which makes tacs be tacs instead of being faw bursters, scis make amazing space magic (exotic ftw) and engineers should get a kick out of beams... Perhaps increase beam weapon fire energy drain and also increase the firing range of the beams above 10km to help out threat builds?
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

Or they're intentionally made that way so they're actually relevant instead of so much FAWbait.
    warpangel wrote: »

Or they're intentionally made that way so they're actually relevant instead of so much FAWbait.

Relevant for what? they're just after effects that you can shoot for petty salvage rewards.

They're about as 'relevant' as the empty space that surrounds them.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    since the original question was answered and this is starting to derail heavily we're going to /thread
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.