test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Which bridge officer does not appear on ship bridges?

sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User
I have Loriss holographic bridge officer and she does not appear on any bridge. So, Does holographic bridge officer appear on bridges?

Andrea does not appear on KDF bridges and Romulan bridges will only show romulan officers not others. If anyone know others please add?
OPv9m3F.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Best Answers

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited August 2018 Answer ✓
    It's neither, it's the boffs assigned as bridge crew. Sooo if you have a tac command or LtC slot on your ship assign loriss to that and she should appear on your bridge.

It's how I forced Thei to spawn for this picture:
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    I think something was changed, I previously could get Leeta on the bridge. But that doesn't appear to be doable anymore.
  • Options
    edited August 2018 Answer ✓
    I think something was changed, I previously could get Leeta on the bridge. But that doesn't appear to be doable anymore.
    Again is she one of your Boffs on active space duty?

Yes, she is, she simply won't appear anymore.
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    The real answer is more complicated than that, alas. Which boffs actually appear seem to depend on some weird combination of loading order.

This seems to be most likely. On a T6 battlecruiser with the Origin bridge I can get 6 Boffs to load, which is all the available stations. But, Leeta won't appear no matter which Tac slot I put her in, same with Loriss.

• Options
    Answer ✓
    where2r1 wrote: »
    sarah2774 wrote: »
    I copied my toon to tribble an deleted all my bridge officer except Lorris. Reset the bridge an no bridge officer at all.
    Using Tribble...fantastic idea.

The program won't even select Lorris when she is the only option to use. Yeah, broken big time.
    1: what bridge are you using?
    2: is Loriss slotted to a bridge station at all?
    Ok, I just tested several holo-boffs(Loriss, Sarish Minna, and Mirror Leeta), and NONE of them would spawn. I made sure the instance was despawning by rearranging the ENTIRE bridge crew. Everyone BUT the holo-boff showed up correctly. Their replacement seemed to be whichever boff of that category(tactical in this case) had been recruited first. At least on the new Jem'Hadar bridge, and the Iconian bridge.

Testing Kirom Bridge... I see SIX boffs show up at first, even thought there's only 5 stations. The sixth seems to be drawn from my away team(Andrea, Sarish minna, Gukdet(randomly generated Eng), Rula(randomly gen sci). But, swapping in Sarish Minna, or Andrea(the 23c Android Boff), then only 4 boffs spawn and 2 are replaced with generic crewmen. Setting the ground team guy(Gukdet, random Eng) to the bridge, does not force Sarish Minna or Andrea to spawn.

Hmmm... this leads to the hypothesis that it's a feature of ALL boffs that are meant to look like an actor or actress. To verify… Time to test TOS crewmen! Nope, refused to spawn on the "Starship" bridge. I set all five stations on my Bajoran interceptor to use TOS holograms and not a single one was seen on the bridge.

Ok, tested 0718 and he DOES spawn. Then again it's arguable as to if that counts as the likeness of an actual actor. At any rate.... it's probably a feature.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    nunoespadinha#0711 nunoespadinha Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    My AoY uses all the TOS holoBoffs.. none of them appears at the Bridge.. My Jem'Hadar uses Dukan'Rex, Loriss and Weyoun: none of them appear.
    Curiously, my Ferengi uses all the Ferengi holoBoffs, and Rom appears at my Bridge

eLBAyFG.jpg

U.S.S. Achiever
    Junae, Girquay, Meman'Ikan, Deanna, Elisa Flores, Nuno Espadinha, Heidi, Kolez, T'Vrell, Zarva, Vocan, Oeshi
    Zv9NH5Z.png

Answers

• Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    is lorris assigned as one of your dept heads? IIRC, the dept heads are on the bridge, not the away team
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    nixie50 wrote: »
    is lorris assigned as one of your dept heads? IIRC, the dept heads are on the bridge, not the away team

I have rechecked she is assigned as a department head.
    OPv9m3F.jpg
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Ummm... find all named BOFF that IS on the bridge, currently. Figure out if it matches your Department Heads or if it matches Away Team.

Dump one of the named BOFFs out of their slot (whether Department Head or Away Team) and put Lorris in same spot. Leave bridge and go back up there and see if it resets with Lorris where the other BOFF was before.

If that doesn't work...it must be something else.

OR you could just remove everyone except Lorris and see what happens when you reset the bridge.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Ummm... find all named BOFF that IS on the bridge, currently. Figure out if it matches your Department Heads or if it matches Away Team.

Dump one of the named BOFFs out of their slot (whether Department Head or Away Team) and put Lorris in same spot. Leave bridge and go back up there and see if it resets with Lorris where the other BOFF was before.

If that doesn't work...it must be something else.

OR you could just remove everyone except Lorris and see what happens when you reset the bridge.

I copied my toon to tribble an deleted all my bridge officer except Lorris. Reset the bridge an no bridge officer at all.
    OPv9m3F.jpg
  • Options
    Loriss comes from the DS9 lockbox. Leeta was a promotional giveaway.
  • Options
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

Contrary to what you stated your tweet, things with Cryptic are rarely that straightforward. :) Sometimes, when 2 or more of the same station types exist, you'll want the boff you'd like see on your bridge in the highest Station. That doesn't always work, especially not with Universal stations present. The OP will just have to experiment a bit.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    The real answer is more complicated than that, alas. Which boffs actually appear seem to depend on some weird combination of loading order.

^^ Zactly! :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The order in which the boffs are commissioned also affects sometimes (that's how St. Tovan often ends up on rommies bridges even when not using him for anything).
  • Options
    Typically, all you need to do is:
    1: look at your bridge to see which boffs are on your bridge
    2: look to see which stations those boffs are slotted into
    3: swap the boff you want to see with one of those

BUT, the coding for each bridge is different. You have to tinker with each individual bridge to figure out the rules for it and some of them are weird. The Romulan Republic bridge is particularly weird because it ALWAYS has Tovan.

There is also some weirdness with needing to wait for the bridge instance to despawn before you see the change. Yeah, if you're on the bridge you won't see anything change. You need to leave, wait for the instance to despawn, then re-enter.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    sarah2774 wrote: »

Using Tribble...fantastic idea.

The program won't even select Lorris when she is the only option to use. Yeah, broken big time.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Hmmm... this leads to the hypothesis that it's a feature of ALL boffs that are meant to look like an actor or actress. To verify… Time to test TOS crewmen! Nope, refused to spawn on the "Starship" bridge. I set all five stations on my Bajoran interceptor to use TOS holograms and not a single one was seen on the bridge.

Ok, tested 0718 and he DOES spawn. Then again it's arguable as to if that counts as the likeness of an actual actor. At any rate.... it's probably a feature.

I suspected that cryptic might have set it as a feature for holograms so needed to check with others whether they face they same issue. Andrea does appear on other bridges except for KDF and Rom.
    OPv9m3F.jpg
  • Options
    My TOS holos are as Department Heads.. they don't appear at the Bridge tho...
    U.S.S. Achiever
    Junae, Girquay, Meman'Ikan, Deanna, Elisa Flores, Nuno Espadinha, Heidi, Kolez, T'Vrell, Zarva, Vocan, Oeshi
    Zv9NH5Z.png
  • Options
    My AoY uses all the TOS holoBoffs.. none of them appears at the Bridge.. My Jem'Hadar uses Dukan'Rex, Loriss and Weyoun: none of them appear.
    Curiously, my Ferengi uses all the Ferengi holoBoffs, and Rom appears at my Bridge

eLBAyFG.jpg

I think the ferengi bridge is special because you have holo leeta to play dabo. Can you try other holo (TOS)? To see if they appear on the ferengi bridge.
    OPv9m3F.jpg
  • Options
    Hmm.. the Ferengi Boffs might fit in the same exception as 0718. IE, the makeup is so heavy you can't see the actor's face.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    I can't try the TOS ones there :/ i don't have any spare Boff slots
    U.S.S. Achiever
    Zv9NH5Z.png
  • Options
    This whole discussion would be relevant, if only Cryptic gave a damn about bridges. It's broken, Jim, and they're not going to fix any of it.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    And some of the time when you are hailed by one of your Bridge Officers the pop up displays the face of another that is not the one named.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    And some of the time when you are hailed by one of your Bridge Officers the pop up displays the face of another that is not the one named.

I've had this happen a lot.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    That's usually when I'm leaving SFA. It's not random from what I've seen, certain dialog boxes are not coded right. but only certain ones.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    Trying to remember how it used to be, I think that when the Doff system came out the Boffs on the bridge were your department heads. But Cryptic changes something and for the longest time the only Boffs that ever showed up for me were my away team.
    Looks like they might have changed things again, with the Origin bridge you get six NPC slots, on my Intel cruiser that used to mean four away team Boffs and 2 random NPC, well now all five of my space Boffs are on the bridge with just one random Sci NPC.
    ltminns wrote: »
    Every Fed gets that one when you beam up to your ship from the Academy, shows the face of one of your Engi but uses the name of one of your Sci.
  • Options
    captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    Apparently this game prefers to observe an around the clock duty shift format, so it occasionally places your bridge officers either on the night shift or they are assigned to the back-up bridge somewhere deep inside the guts of your ship.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    bejaymac wrote: »
    Trying to remember how it used to be, I think that when the Doff system came out the Boffs on the bridge were your department heads. But Cryptic changes something and for the longest time the only Boffs that ever showed up for me were my away team.
    Looks like they might have changed things again, with the Origin bridge you get six NPC slots, on my Intel cruiser that used to mean four away team Boffs and 2 random NPC, well now all five of my space Boffs are on the bridge with just one random Sci NPC.
    double check to see if you have a sci boff on your away team but not your bridge. My tests earlier (Kirom) suggested that it'd attempt to pull from your away team to fill the empty slot.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
This discussion has been closed.