test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Morphogenic Polaron Energy Weapon and Advanced Inhibiting Polaron Omni-Directional conflict

goldenavarielgoldenavariel Member Posts: 110 Arc User
I can't seem to put both on my ship at the same time. I get "You cannot equip more than 1 items of that category."

It's like they both have the same name but obviously they don't. One's not even an omni-directional beam array, at least not technically.

Bug or working as intended?

Comments

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    WAI. As a rule of thumb you can use 1 set-omni + 1 non-set omni, both are set omnis so you can't use them together. Gotta go with the crafted pol-omni + one of them or the chronometric-pol from Time and Tide.
  • majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    WAI. As a rule of thumb you can use 1 set-omni + 1 non-set omni, both are set omnis so you can't use them together. Gotta go with the crafted pol-omni + one of them or the chronometric-pol from Time and Tide.

This is correct: 1 set/rep/reward Omni + crafted Omni + Kinetic Cutting is the rule for Omni's. However, the OP may have a case here: the Morphogenic, I believe, is labeled as a 'turret' in the tooltip...
  • ekypyrosekypyros Member Posts: 181 Arc User

This is correct: 1 set/rep/reward Omni + crafted Omni + Kinetic Cutting is the rule for Omni's. However, the OP may have a case here: the Morphogenic, I believe, is labeled as a 'turret' in the tooltip...

Yes !!!!
    The
    Morphogenic Polaron Energy Weapon is a Turret and change to Omni Beam when Acitvation Weapons Abillity like Beam over and Fire a Will

• majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    Indeed, I confirmed it when the servers came back up shortly after my post: OP has a valid concern, the description in the tooltip for the Morphogenic Weapon does say 'Turret', therefore it should not be throwing (at least on the surface) an error when being paired with any Omni...
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    From Reddit:

odenknight

Q: If the default state is a heavy turret, why apply the omni restriction to this weapon?

Cryptic-Ridi

Because it can be an omni turret near permanently if someone wanted it to be, just by only taking Beam modifying abilities. If you wanted to ignore the set entirely and just have an additional omni, you could without that restriction.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    It would be much more helpfull if we could put as many omnis on the ship as we can, at lev 65 not all of us can upgrade our equipment to lev 15 sooo easily and are still using lev 12 cause thats all we can get at this time. having more than one omni could level the playing field in this situation. something for the developers to consider.