test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crystaline special event - TBR won't push shards?

postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
Looks like control abilities won't effect the shards, is that including the push of TBR?

Comments

• Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Probably.
    Kinda makes everything besides direct damage pointless now.
  • Options
    Might be nice if people swap control for debuffs of damage resistance and damage output.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    The Tholians are probably going to be in the new version, so some control might help. Gravity Well still might be a good idea to suck in the Tholians, and then hopefully cause damage when their cores go off. Though, having a group where the high damage players are single-target focused (not a horrible strategy), it just means you've grouped up all the Tholians into a ball of firepower.
    postinggum wrote: »
    Might be nice if people swap control for debuffs of damage resistance and damage output.

That's a good idea, but the only free way to do that from Science BOffs is DRB. Not a popular ability with it's flashy-flash visuals. There's a few lockbox Sci abilities that do debuffs, but people are already planning to bring their alts through to grind out the Dilithium rewards, so I can't see many running those on their Sci ships on their alts.

• Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Well, GW is still among the top sci damage powers so we'll see that reagrdless. Photon & quantum torp spreads are probably gonna the the most useful things since they also deal with the shards.
    Been preparing my scryer with that. OSS3, GW3, DRB2, spamming neutronic torp TS2 and maybe even going with the delta 3pc for the Isokinetic Cannon.
  • Options
    I don't know if damage debuffing has a limit, things like subnuc, aceton beam and that temporal abilitity all have 75% reduction.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    I don't know if damage debuffing has a limit, things like subnuc, aceton beam and that temporal abilitity all have 75% reduction.

That might not matter much, as according to the blog you can't damage the Crystalline Entity during the lead up to the burst wave, so it'd be easier to just get out of range of the burst. That'd make the Tholians and the Shards the main damage dealers, and probably the main killer of players too. Unless they buffed the main Anti-Proton weapon, I wouldn't bother bringing any more damage de-buffing than the usual version. More hull-resist debuffs might be handier, given that more less-well-geared alts are going through, pending you want to get through it faster.

Also, IIRC, you can apply multiple damage debuffs, but each applies after the other, so you can never completely negate the damage the enemy deals that way.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I'll still slot a GW3 if i'm flying my science ships, because pulling all those Tholians in and popping them will still be a viable means of killing the CE fast. Plus TS3 will still shine and be able to murder the shards nicely i hope.
    I see no reason to really be alarmed and tbh if it changes the mission from a 30sec snooze-fest into something at least part way towards a challenge then i'm all for it.
    Plus things like Tachyon Beam, Tyken's Rift will still debuff the entity i assume, and cause drains now if the fix in this patch works as well as we all hope.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »
    The Tholians are probably going to be in the new version, so some control might help. Gravity Well still might be a good idea to suck in the Tholians, and then hopefully cause damage when their cores go off. Though, having a group where the high damage players are single-target focused (not a horrible strategy), it just means you've grouped up all the Tholians into a ball of firepower.

That's a good idea, but the only free way to do that from Science BOffs is DRB. Not a popular ability with it's flashy-flash visuals. There's a few lockbox Sci abilities that do debuffs, but people are already planning to bring their alts through to grind out the Dilithium rewards, so I can't see many running those on their Sci ships on their alts.

i do :p

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I go with a carrier, one hangar focised on protecting me, and the other focused on attacking the entity, worked for me, so far...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!