test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Jem'Hadar Eyeware

treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
Can someone please tell me the rational behind not allowing Jem'Hadar to wear mirrored sunglasses?
( STO allows you to purchase said eyeware for a Jem'Hadar, but then it will not let you use it! *sadface* )
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Either because they didn't set up the 3D model to support it or, like for many odd tailor decisions: "because reasons."
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    Kdf doesn't have the jemhadar eyepiece despite, y'know...having Jemhadar ships
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    treking2 wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me the rational behind not allowing Jem'Hadar to wear mirrored sunglasses?
    ( STO allows you to purchase said eyeware for a Jem'Hadar, but then it will not let you use it! *sadface* )
    Jem'hadar can't wear any kind of eyewear. Because they just can't.

Not that they can wear much of anything else, either.
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    I don't think there is any reasoning behind it, they probably just flipped a coin when deciding which options the Jem'Hadar got.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    tyler002 wrote: »
    I don't think there is any reasoning behind it, they probably just flipped a coin when deciding which options the Jem'Hadar got.

Could also be that the “start playing at lvl. 60 with with 2-3 reputs and a few spec trees filled” principle comes at a price: Jem’Hadar are BAD at space Barbie and that by fully intended design to have players not lose their focus on other characters. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

Could also be that the “start playing at lvl. 60 with with 2-3 reputs and a few spec trees filled” principle comes at a price: Jem’Hadar are BAD at space Barbie and that by fully intended design to have players not lose their focus on other characters. :)
    I wouldn't want to play Space Barbie with an alt I only made for the Recruit event anyway. But pity those new players who wanted to main a jemmy.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    warpangel wrote: »

I wouldn't want to play Space Barbie with an alt I only made for the Recruit event anyway. But pity those new players who wanted to main a jemmy.

Pretty much same here, yea. Although I don't realy have alts and mains, my Jem is just recruit, farmer and torp build tester for me. I have only made 1 outfit so far.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
This discussion has been closed.