test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't use Voyager Interior on Nova class.

colonelmarikcolonelmarik Member Posts: 1,514 Arc User
edited August 2018 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
So, I have a Mirror Nova class Science Ship. I geared it up, and altered the look a bit (so limited in the options). To my surprise, however, I find I can't use my Voyager Bridge and Interior on the ship.

This puzzles me.

I can use pretty well every other bridge on the ship. I can certainly use the other bridges I actually PURCHASED on the ship... with the lone exception of the Voyager interior - the only one that actually resembles the Nova from the show.

I wondered why this would be? If it's an oversight, can we get it fixed? If it's NOT an oversight, can we get an explanation... and can we get it changed? I see no reason why we should not be allowed to use this bridge on this ship, especially when we had to PAY for the thing...
Post edited by darkbladejk on
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

This game needs detailed crafting, exploration and interaction systems.

Comments

• azrael605azrael605 Member Posts: 8,919 Arc User
    Thread title is too vague, mods hate those, suggest "A bit puzzled by inability to use certain bridges on certain ships".
    #TASinSTO
    #IStandWithCBS
    #Discoveryrocks

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 6,409 Arc User
    Or better still, post this in the bug forum with a title: Can't use Voyager bridge on Mirror Nova ship
  • colonelmarikcolonelmarik Member Posts: 1,514 Arc User
    Or better still, post this in the bug forum with a title: Can't use Voyager bridge on Mirror Nova ship

Well, I don't know that it's a bug. I'll adjust the title though.
    Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

• coldnapalmcoldnapalm Member Posts: 6,969 Arc User
    Are you even suppose to be able to use the voyager bridge on a nova much less the mirror version of it? Can you use the voyager bridge on either the nova or other mirror ships? Because if you can't, it would seem logical to assume that this isn't a bug and working as intended.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 1,502 Community Moderator
    Corrected title to be more descriptive. Also if you suspect a bug then please leave such posts int he bug reporting forum. If it turns out not to be a bug then no harm is done. If it is a bug it prevents devs from seeing the report and being able to get out a potential fix in a more timely manor. /moved
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • themadrigogsthemadrigogs Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    Corrected title to be more descriptive. Also if you suspect a bug then please leave such posts int he bug reporting forum. If it turns out not to be a bug then no harm is done. If it is a bug it prevents devs from seeing the report and being able to get out a potential fix in a more timely manor. /moved

The title should say Mirror Nova. I think it works fine on the normal Nova ships.

Fair enough... but every time I post in the bugs forum, my threads die and I never get any kind of responses to questions.

• coldnapalmcoldnapalm Member Posts: 6,969 Arc User
    Because devs should not waste their precious time to coddle your ego or worries. They get the message and if it is a bug, they will put it on the list and work on it. While it maybe nice to have a CM that could pass the word that a bug is on the list and being worked on or not...we just don't have that with this company. Honestly in most bug reports, getting a response back is kinda not likely to happen. The purpose to let the devs know of a bug and let them deal with it.
    I would agree... but that never happens. I've been waiting YEARS for them to fix my Pathfinder/Intrepid's engines, which are supposed to move UP in sector space, but don't. I've been waiting almost a year for them to take my crew out of the floor of my Pioneer bridge. I could go on. A simple, "got the message, we'll check it out when we can," would go a LONG way. Heck, even a "THEY'LL check it out when they can" from a community manager might be enough (though a dev response would be far preferable). But, in my experience, Taco is the only dev who actually communicates with us (and I highly commend him for that).

• reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 12,153 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    It's a pity really - the 'Delta' bridge is actually the closest thing the game has to a Nova class bridge, but it's WAY too large and quite broken after being used briefly as a backdrop for Voyager's bridge in an episode, before the actual Intrepid class bridge was introduced.
    800px-Delta_Aft.jpg

3U3C0SJ.jpg