test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Maintenance for 7/26/18

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 7/26 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    So the increased crit spike in enemies was intentional.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    "The Reclaim store now only show Singularity Cores to Romulan Captains."
    Why??
    Romulans have access to ships with standard warp core - this will block them from using some gear sets on them.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    It's "only show," not "show only." There's no need to show Singularity Cores to non-Romulans, since they cannot use any ships that take Singularity Cores.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    Why??
    Romulans have access to ships with standard warp core - this will block them from using some gear sets on them.

Being diverse when unique, never works out that well. This is why it is a bad idea to chase both the rabbits at once.

I take it some items come with two paths, where you get the path that included the choice of becoming a Romulan, in the first place. But with cryptic, who knows... :-p
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    Why??

See this post from CrypticSpartan:

https://old.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/91xrm3/pc_patch_notes_for_72618/e31l8mk/
    This is the correct interpretation. The store now shows singularity cores only if you're a Romulan. It will still show warp cores and everything else either way.

anodynes wrote: »
    It's "only show," not "show only." There's no need to show Singularity Cores to non-Romulans, since they cannot use any ships that take Singularity Cores.

The placement of the word "only" is known to be troublesome. Consider the following sentences:

(a) The Reclaim store now only show [sic] Singularity Cores to Romulan Captains.
    (b) The Reclaim store now shows only Singularity Cores to Romulan Captains.
    (c) The Reclaim store now shows Singularity Cores to only Romulan Captains.

The wording of the patch notes is ambiguous: (a) can be interpreted to mean (b) or (c). Furthermore, (b) can be interpreted to mean

(b1) The Reclaim store now shows Singularity Cores, but not warp cores, to Romulan Captains.

or

(b2) The Reclaim store now shows nothing but Singularity Cores to Romulan Captains.

Strictly speaking, (b) means (b2), but most people would interpret (b) to mean (b1).
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • misterlozmisterloz Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Is there a chance you guys could look at Jem'Hadar toons receiving the Romulans Delta Recruit popup when they log in?

Thanks.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Why??

^^100% This!! What an idiotic move.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Why??

Based on what others have said what the line means is "only romulans will have access to singularity cores, but romulans will still have access to warp cores as well" essentially it's a poorly worded announcement of removal of redudancy (aka removing the sigularity cores from FED, KDF or JEM captains) rather then saying "romulan have access only to sigularity cores now".
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Why??

This is the correct interpretation. The store now shows singularity cores only if you're a Romulan. It will still show warp cores and everything else either way.

The placement of the word "only" is known to be troublesome. Consider the following sentences:

(a) The Reclaim store now only show [sic] Singularity Cores to Romulan Captains.

The wording of the patch notes is ambiguous: (a) can be interpreted to mean (b) or (c). Furthermore, (b) can be interpreted to mean

(b1) The Reclaim store now shows Singularity Cores, but not warp cores, to Romulan Captains.

or

(b2) The Reclaim store now shows nothing but Singularity Cores to Romulan Captains.

Strictly speaking, (b) means (b2), but most people would interpret (b) to mean (b1).

The whole thing remains ambiguous. It's not a matter of 'show only' vs 'only show', but one of emphasis. As in:

a) The Reclaim store now only show *Singularity Cores* to Romulan Captains.

Meaning it doesn't show Warp Cores to them; or,

b) The Reclaim store now only show Singularity Cores to *Romulan* Captains.

Which is what he apparently meant.

And 'show'? (Singular)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    spiritborn wrote: »
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Why??

Based on what others have said what the line means is "only romulans will have access to singularity cores, but romulans will still have access to warp cores as well" essentially it's a poorly worded announcement of removal of redudancy (aka removing the sigularity cores from FED, KDF or JEM captains) rather then saying "romulan have access only to sigularity cores now".

Yeah, I saw: I jumped the gun a bit with my post :blush: Thanks for the clarification.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    Oh, and Gamma Armor visuals still broken?! (You can't select the upper part of the Gamma Armor set). It's week 3 already, since I first reported this.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • darkswarmerdarkswarmer Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Add queue counter to dominion transponder for reward. i dont know where i am at. 100 queues. maybe add a 50 reward and 75 reward to keep track or simple counter
  • geekguy79geekguy79 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    Still no fix for Vanguard Jems having no working species trait. Feeling like its never going to be fixed.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    can you look at why the kdf jem'hadar still have no access to ALL the kdf only missions while the star fleet jem'hadar still have access to all the star fleet only missions? oh also as mentioned above, the temporal operative does not come up on my temporal character, but continues to come up on my jem'hadar.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Why??

or

It took about a second to realize the correct interpretation, since the other one would be a huge blunder. The sentence is mostly fine, if you're not assuming the blunder, but your option (c) would have been crystal clear to anyone familiar with English, and clearly would have been the better choice.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    how about a fix for the Voyager Nacelles and a fix for the Constitution bridge so you can have your boffs on the Connie bridge instead of NPC Template officers
  • sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    Well, nobody shall stand accused of downplaying any downsides, during the downtime. This is not intended as a comment to let anyone down, for are we not there already? There is only one way out of this one. So feel elevated!

*Looking at the red light and dreaming of the Hoardigans* [ Spelling very intentional ].
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Is this done? Game back up?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Jem'Hadar Security Boff Missions either show the Current area Assignments or is blank. It has been like that since the start.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns