test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Risa Artefact Hunt

lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
I already have the accolade for this, so it's not such a big thing for me, but the artefact hunt this year only ever has the FNORD blueprints.
Q9BWcdD.png

Comments

• anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    It's only like that because you already have the accolade. If you don't have it, you get a random artifact, but if you do, it's always the same one from the Vorgon ship ones, I think Deck Plans.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    After reading the OP........
    I was watching the Artifacts that were dropping for my characters all day. I kept getting all sorts of different items across all my characters. From deer hunter hats to dog collars(?) to phone booths and schematics....so forth and so on.... So those are still there.

So, I guess, none of them must have the accolade, yet. LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    It took my Jem'Hadar 72 runs of the thing to get the 20 different artifacts, so it's not terribly surprising that you wouldn't have it if you haven't dedicated a lot of time to running that activity on any one character.

It gets worse as you get closer, too, since the odds of getting a specific piece are (presumably) 1 in 20 each time that you run it, which is just a real joy.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    edited July 2018
    Yeah, maybe next year...I am not that dedicated. 72 runs!! Yikes!!!

Does it have a check off list in the Accolades like the View Birds and Master Relaxer? I wonder how close I am.

Add: Shockingly, it looks like I am down to 2-3 objects on almost all my characters.....although there are two character that seems to have done them less often...so have 5 left to locate.

Will have to redouble my efforts to follow my schedules to make sure no one skip runs on Artifacts too many times. Running through 10 characters this year.
    Post edited by where2r1 on

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited July 2018
    BTW the Accolade for Artifact Hunt is called "In a Geological Sense", under Exploration header.

1bAljEI.jpg

• majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Yeah, maybe next year...I am not that dedicated. 72 runs!! Yikes!!!

Does it have a check off list in the Accolades like the View Birds and Master Relaxer? I wonder how close I am.

Add: Shockingly, it looks like I am down to 2-3 objects on almost all my characters.....although there are two character that seems to have done them less often...so have 5 left to locate.

Will have to redouble my efforts to follow my schedules to make sure no one skip runs on Artifacts too many times. Running through 10 characters this year.

Not sure if you're aware of this, but you can drop/retake the mission after you find the artifact, thereby facilitating multiple runs per bonus event...this is how I've done all but the two newest toons I have.

You can further speed it up by starting at the Biathlon finish at the volcano, scanning once to the north or south, then to the east or west...that method can narrow it down to as little as two spots you would need to search.
    I have noticed it is easier to "echo locate" my way to artifact locations by starting at Sovak's Tent.

Though, I did not know one can drop the mission after getting credit for the find....and do it all over again. :) Thanks for the tip.

Though, I have a lot of Lohlunat favors to gather...I may not do this unless someone is seriously behind.

• majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    I have noticed it is easier to "echo locate" my way to artifact locations by starting at Sovak's Tent.

Though, I did not know one can drop the mission after getting credit for the find....and do it all over again. :) Thanks for the tip.

Though, I have a lot of Lohlunat favors to gather...I may not do this unless someone is seriously behind.

You're welcome! I just hope that a dev doesn't see this, and determines that it's a bug! lol