test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Captain John Christopher/Roger Perry, passed away at age 85

captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
Roger Perry passed away today from prostate cancer. He was 85 years old.
He was an actor for Desilu Productions, being on a couple short-lived series, and acted in episodes of TV shows such as the Munsters. And he had quite a few TV and movie credits since then.

He was Captain John Christopher in teh January 1967 episode, "Tomorrow is Yesterday". Hopefully he'll be added to the In Memorium with the other Star Trek alumni/production team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sTyxaq28yw

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Response to moderated post removed. -- StarSword-C
    Post edited by starswordc on
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2018
    Response to moderated post removed. -- StarSword-C
    Post edited by starswordc on
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I doubt it, as Cryptic said they won't add one time characters to it. Like when many asked for Merritt Butrick ( Kirks son form ST2 & 3 ) to be added, they just plainly said no.

Trolling removed. Knock it off. -- StarSword-C

si2w6.jpg

Merritt Butrick (Actor, 1959)

He's there, for quite a while.

Yvonne Craig (Actor, 1937-2015)

Batgirl was in one episode, Whom Gods Destroy, as Marta, an Orion insane asylum inmate.

Don Marshall (Actor, 1936-2016)

Was on one episode, Galieo Seven. Both Don Marshall and Roger Perry acted in the Thing with Two Heads back in 1972.

David Ogen Steers (Actor, 1942-2018)

Also on one episode, Half a Life.

If there was a rule against including one episode actors, it wasn't followed for at least three actors.
  • arkle#8984 arkle Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Stupid newbie question; where is this In Memorium? I'm guessing it's an in game thing.
    Characters: Rida Vodad (Trill), Niana (Orion), Karak'Son (Jem'Hadar), Jhanel Aphram (Andorian), Tevana (Romulan), Anahera Ngata (Human), Choadesh (Alien), Manek (Reman), C'Reta (Ferrasan), Kamak'Zun (Jem'Hedar), Joyal Krin (Cardassian), and Lur'Ast (Klingon).
    Tumblr: thehumanarkle.tumblr.com
    Twitter: @G33kOfAllTrades
    YouTube: youtube.com/user/arklestudios
    AO3 Pseudonym: ZeusParker
    It is at Starfleet Academy. If I remember correctly, it is by the coastal boundary.
    The Starfleet Academy memorial was dedicated an early playtester/player who was a big fan of the game, who had passed away from cancer.

The memorial (which has the name plaques of Gene Rodenberry and main cast actors who passed away, as well as list of those who were involved such as other actors, directors, producers, and others involved in making Star Trek) is located on the catwalk/mezzanine of the Earth Space Dock, the area between the open fighting arena/shopping vendors and the open area where Worf hangs out in First City, as well as the command centre on New Romulus.
    Actually, the memorial was for a Star Trek Online dev, Mark Valentine or h2orat, not just an early playtester/player.
    edited July 2018
    starkaos wrote: »
    Actually, the memorial was for a Star Trek Online dev, Mark Valentine or h2orat, not just an early playtester/player.

Actually, it's been a long time since I read the posting of it in the forums, but thank you for the correction.

All the same, the In Mememorium memorials I was talking of were put in after the launch of STO.