test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Weird terrain effect and sound on New Romulus

I spend a lot of time on New Romulus. It's one of my favorite zones n the game, and I kind of wish they would do more zones like this one.

Anyway, yesterday, I was in Paehhos Crater and was heading to the overgrown caves, and right before I got to the entrance, the terrain around me started shaking and there was this really loud sound, like something was attacking. And then everything calmed down, and all was as it was a moment ago. But it kind of freaked me out, and I've been in this area so many times that I found myself wondering what had just happened.

The area wasn't under attack (or under alert). There were no Hirogen hanging around the area, nor were there any wandering creatures either. The sound very much sounded like artillery fire had just erupted right next to me.

Any ideas as to what this might have been?
Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire

Comments

• lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Just a quick question but how far along in the story are you? There may be elements on New Romulus that explain what you encountered.
    SulMatuul.png
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Just a quick question but how far along in the story are you? There may be elements on New Romulus that explain what you encountered.

Not sure how to answer this as I don't remember which toon I was using at the time. Some I've finished the whole adventure, while others I'm kind of in the middle of it. So, if you're worried about a spoiler, I've been through the whole thing at least 25 times now.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Ah right ok then.
    Well for at least one of the missions that takes you to NR (Sphere of Influence, and possibly the previous local one to find the source of power) there is a lot of seismic activity and you need to stop it. It's being caused by a dodgy Iconian Gate and the power supply going wonky. But i wasn't aware it would make the game show the environment being affected prior to this mission, maybe they changed something.
    SulMatuul.png
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    Yeah, I remember that mission, too. It just seems really odd that this terrain thing happens in the crater, as it really shouldn't be linked to that other event, especially without something explaining why this might be happening. It just felt way too random.