test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missing animations and physics

giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
I've been having two problems for over a year now that are super minor, but I'd still like to try and get them fixed. The first is that physics don't seem to apply correctly to capes. When I have the KDF Honor Guard cape, or the Romulan shoulder pad capes, they don't move when I run. They used to flow behind me all majestic like, or fly over my head when I jump off something. Now the only thing that effects them are physical objects, like my feet, otherwise they just stay really stuff on my back.

The other problem is that the Risian floaters, or thruster-packs in some missions don't animate. The blue flames(?) appear correctly based on how I'm moving, but the nozzles dont move at all.

I have STO installed on two machines, and I'm having the problem on both of them, even after a fresh install. Both machines also have Nvidea cards, with up to date drivers. One has 1 GTX 960, the other has 2 GTX 650s.

Comments

• frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    gilion wrote: »
    The other problem is that the Risian floaters, or thruster-packs in some missions don't animate. The blue flames(?) appear correctly based on how I'm moving, but the nozzles dont move at all.

See here:

Holodeck ticket 4,724,280: Thrusters on male superior floaters do not rotate
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png