test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

In Memoriam - STO Characters Removed

misterlozmisterloz Member Posts: 133 Arc User
Is there any list of NPCs we lost in this expansion?

So many friendly (or grumpy) faces have gone missing since a classified experiment with the Annorax went awry and replaced them with more recognisable faces.

I speak of Ambassador Rogan Skyl of Cardassia and Eraun of the Dominion to name a couple.

Who else has gone the way of the Tuterians?

(Edited title for clarity. - BMR)
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Okay people hands up, who took the annorax for a spin this time? This is getting out of hand, if we don't hide they ship's keys better the next thing that happens might be Kahless becoming the the founder of the federation.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    For a moment, I was afraid that we had lost another actor when I read that title.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    Rugan Skyl replaced by Garak?I hope they altered the mission you have to do for him as it would not sound right with Garak
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Well... Commander Roxy actually got a new job, and a voice too!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @seriousdave said:
    > Okay people hands up, who took the annorax for a spin this time? This is getting out of hand, if we don't hide they ship's keys better the next thing that happens might be Kahless becoming the the founder of the federation.

Temporal shockwaves from the frequent incursions spanning the 23rd to 31st centuries.
    Yeah the Temporal Liberation Front used history for a football recently. :/
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    Rugan Skyl's still around, when you go into garrak's office in Stormclouds gather you'll see him there, presumably he's been effectively "demoted" to an aide for Garrak
  • Options
    forerunnerknight#7803 forerunnerknight Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I heard that they went back and replaced the female changling voice actress with salome jems in the 2800 arc.is that true?
  • Options
    I heard that they went back and replaced the female changling voice actress with salome jems in the 2800 arc.is that true?

Yes. They did. And even replaced some lines with new ones since Eraun was replaced with Weyoun.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User

Well if they did, no great loss. The old one was Lani Minella, she voices a ton of other characters in the game and took over as the Federation computer voice after Majel Barrett passed.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    Honestly I think they need to develop their new characters a bit, as much as it's fun to see the old characters again, I feel that a lotta the new characters have been somewhat forgotten about as a result, case in oint of the flag ship commanders only Jarrok gets much attention anymore it seems and thats because the romulans never had any recurring characters STO could bring in so cryptic's been FORCED to develop new personalities
  • Options
    What I want to know is what happened to Loriss 3. They made a big deal about how the Loriss in the expansion is Loriss 4 and that Loriss 3 was the one who took over DS9 in the 2800 story arc. But never said where Loriss 3 went.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    What I want to know is what happened to Loriss 3. They made a big deal about how the Loriss in the expansion is Loriss 4 and that Loriss 3 was the one who took over DS9 in the 2800 story arc. But never said where Loriss 3 went.

presumably killed. she not only caused a diplomatic incident, but the fleet under her command not arriving on time lost the dominion the war. I imagine she was scape goated for that
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @captainbrian11 said:
    > Honestly I think they need to develop their new characters a bit, as much as it's fun to see the old characters again, I feel that a lotta the new characters have been somewhat forgotten about as a result, case in oint of the flag ship commanders only Jarrok gets much attention anymore it seems and thats because the romulans never had any recurring characters STO could bring in so cryptic's been FORCED to develop new personalities

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Tomalak

the fact that with three apperances mostly as a "bad guy over a view screen" is the best we can get for recurring romulan characters kinda proves my point TBH. I remember once reading something on memory alpha where they where doing some sort of plot and someone proposed bringing the romulans in it was dimissed because the writers where bored with them, I recall thinking it seemed odd considering how under utilized Romulans where. we really need a future series to do to the romulans what Worf in TNG and DS9 did for Klingons, and Quark in DS9 did for Ferenghi. and even what DS9 did for Cardassians.

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Actually the actor who played Alexander Rozhenko, Jon Paul Steuer, took his life back in January.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    presumably killed. she not only caused a diplomatic incident, but the fleet under her command not arriving on time lost the dominion the war. I imagine she was scape goated for that
    Perhaps. But there's no actual mention of that. Perhaps that's what the devs went with, but if they did they didn't really say that. The ending of Boldly they Rode suggests nothing dramatic happened.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    Perhaps. But there's no actual mention of that. Perhaps that's what the devs went with, but if they did they didn't really say that. The ending of Boldly they Rode suggests nothing dramatic happened.

Weyoun does imply that the previous Loriss died during his argument with Loriss aboard Odo's ship.
  • Options
    Hmm... what's the exact phrasing of that one?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    > @azrael605 said:
    > > @captainbrian11 said:
    > > Honestly I think they need to develop their new characters a bit, as much as it's fun to see the old characters again, I feel that a lotta the new characters have been somewhat forgotten about as a result, case in oint of the flag ship commanders only Jarrok gets much attention anymore it seems and thats because the romulans never had any recurring characters STO could bring in so cryptic's been FORCED to develop new personalities
    >
    > http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Tomalak

Tomalak is almost certainly canonically dead: the Path to 2409 has him being forced into retirement on Romulus in 2384 (after getting his aehf kicked repeatedly by Donatra during the civil war).

Velal from DS9 could be usable if Cryptic was interested in exploring the legitimate Empire more. The Path to 2409 has him as commander of the Romulan Imperial Fleet under Taris, then backing Sela in a military coup. With her out of the picture he'd be the best bet for the next praetor.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I can't remember the exact wording myself, but I do remember that Weyoun did imply the previous Loriss died during that argument.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    > @markhawkman wrote: »
    >
    > Perhaps. But there's no actual mention of that. Perhaps that's what the devs went with, but if they did they didn't really say that. The ending of Boldly they Rode suggests nothing dramatic happened.

> @rattler2 said:
    > Weyoun does imply that the previous Loriss died during his argument with Loriss aboard Odo's ship.

I can think of a couple explanations, both involving Loriss 3 being shot for incompetence.

One, Jem'hadar rarely disobey orders and especially don't often try to frag their commanding Vorta: it's explained in "Rocks and Shoals" that this means there was a major breakdown in unit discipline, something that the Vorta is largely responsible for. So, Loriss 3 is responsible, on paper if not necessarily in fact, for Kar'ukan going off the reservation.

Two, the female changeling explicitly blamed the loss of the fleet that Loriss 3 and Kar'ukan commanded for her losing the war and spending 30 years in prison for war crimes. Kar'ukan having been blown up outside DS9, she was the only target remaining.

(Never underestimate how much of a vindictive rhymes-with-witch the female changeling is: she had explicitly planned all along to exterminate the Cardassians and Romulans for the Omarion Nebula, too.)
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    hmm yeah, a situation where that specific founder decided to execute Loriss 3 is quite plausible.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing