test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mission "Home" (Clear the Control Room) not completing, solution

arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
I have tested this with two separate toons and verified both the problem, and the solution.

When you reach the last room (Control room), if you remain in the hallway, your objective remains at "Find the Control Room", however, the doors will open and you can remain right there, merrily blasting Hurq to smithereens until the last of them dies. Then, when you actually enter the room, your objective changes to "Clear the Control Room", however, with all the Hurq already dead, the trigger the code is looking for never happens, and you are now stuck, with no option but to beam out and repeat.

If you actually enter the room so the objective changes to "Clear the Control Room" and then kill them all, the mission will progress just fine. I am NOT ambitious enough to go back and run it yet again to test how many you can kill before actually entering the room without causing it to hang, however I do know that on previous runs I have started killing them as soon as the door was open and they were in range (before actually entering the room) and never had a problem however I always kept moving forward into the room while killing them. It was only tonight, when I killed them all before ever entering the room that the mission would not complete.

Two different toons, both having the exact same thing happen is enough to convince me that it will happen to anyone who does the same thing.

So, make sure you enter the room so your objective changes from "Find the Control Room" to "Clear the Control Room" before killing all the Hurq or the mission will not complete and you will have to repeat it.

Also, in another thread, some players have reported having one, or more, Hurq stuck in the floor and unable to be killed. If you take an Engineer BoFF with Quantum Mortar, or have one yourself if playing an Engineer, the mortar will take care of that problem. I have run the mission a number of times now and never had an enemy stuck in the floor but since the problem, and solution was in the other thread, I thought I would add it here.
LTS and loving it.
Ariotex.png