test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Home Week 1 Rewards

available as link on the STO launcher: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10917043

That Morphogenic weapon sounds cool & nicely innovative by Cryptic. Having featured episodes always helps with the marathon of Specialization Points too.

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    One Omni that works as either a cannon or beam depending on power used..

This, I like.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    looks like a polaron when beaming but.... not as cannons...
    Clipboard01.jpg
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    what about the rest of the time... not like powers can be up 100% of the time.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    Probably functions a bit like the Dyson Rep proton weapon.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    No idea till I earn it, but I like the idea of it having animations for a turret when using cannon abilities & then also having beam abilities when using those too. I do wonder if it is sacrificing any potential damage for this ability. Also, this one is Polaron, but down the proverbial road Cryptic could add this technique to all energy types which would be awesome.
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    Agree this is a great innovation - unfortunately it's Polaron. Does it have the standard Pol proc?

I wonder how it will interact with traits like Go For the Kill.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Can it be equipped alongside both crafted and mission reward omni beams, or does it count as a mission reward omni?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    Can it be equipped alongside both crafted and mission reward omni beams, or does it count as a mission reward omni?

As of right now... it seems to be a seperate entity from any omnis, meaning it can. If this is WAI or not I do not know. Honestly the best comparison to any other weapon in game I can come up with is the Dyson Rep Proton weapon.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    That sounds really interesting to try. Some of my characters do run Breen ships with the polaron flavor, so this will go nicely with those.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

As of right now... it seems to be a seperate entity from any omnis, meaning it can. If this is WAI or not I do not know. Honestly the best comparison to any other weapon in game I can come up with is the Dyson Rep Proton weapon.

My Vorta toon may have just found a replacement for the KCB then ...
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User

Confirmed by the devs as a bug. It should be compatible with crafted, but not mission reward omnis.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »

Confirmed by the devs as a bug. It should be compatible with crafted, but not mission reward omnis.

Awwww.

Now there's even less reason to claw my way through ten million Hurq several more times.