test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

All episodes locked after release of new featured episode "home" (Fixed)

snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
edited July 2018 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
7kgu0ze.png

After the patch and the release of the new featured episode "home", all the previous episodes have become locked. They cannot be hailed or skipped, also tried talking to Admiral Quinn and relogging without success.

Post edited by snowwolf#0563 on

Comments

• jcox2jcox2 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    For both of my Jem captains and another poster, all but Gamma and featured and missing from the mission journal. Tabs are just gone.
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    jcox2 wrote: »
    For both of my Jem captains and another poster, all but Gamma and featured and missing from the mission journal. Tabs are just gone.

On my Starfleet character all tabs and episodes are present. But I can't hail any new missions. I have not completed all of them, I completed Beyond the Nexus last night, then I went to sleep.. Came home, logged on after maintenance and now the next mission is locked.. It wasn't locked last night..
  • jcox2jcox2 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    jcox2 wrote: »

On my Starfleet character all tabs and episodes are present. But I can't hail any new missions. I have not completed all of them, I completed Beyond the Nexus last night, then I went to sleep.. Came home, logged on after maintenance and now the next mission is locked.. It wasn't locked last night..

For my Starfleet they appear but not sure if accessible. Just plain gone for Jem's. Brilliant bug to make 95% of game content inaccessible
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    I'm also having this issue on my Fed'Hadar. Well done Devs. Well done indeed.

3UwUKu9.jpg
  • geekguy79geekguy79 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    Same on my KDF Aligned Jem'hadar.

Went and replayed the last Gamma quad episode mission, I thought maybe I'm not getting the new accolade properly or I need to finish it again to unlock all missions like before.

Nope, didn't fix it. My episode journal looks just like the guy's screenshot above me.
    OK, completing the new featured episode does fix it and bring them back. Maybe they just need to explain that somewhere, because of course someone opens their mission journal and it looks broken.
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    I'm getting that too. Out of interest, has anyone tried completing Home? Perhaps they accidentally included Home in the list of missions you have to complete before the rest of the missions become available?
    I just tried to complete Home on my Starfleet character. Episodes are still locked, tried to replay Beyond The Nexus since that's the last available mission for me, thinking maybe completing it again would unlock the next one even though it was unlocked before... Nothing.

I can't get them to unlock. Not by playing Home or replaying Beyond The Nexus.

Tried talking to Admiral Quinn in person also, missions aren't available.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I am so thrilled. :( Waited to do anything so this stuff could be fixed... now, I guess I have to wait another week. Did they fix the Romulans, at least???? I can do my Rom Delta Recruit.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    @engineerb4#4806
    engineerb4 can you help here please? It seems crucial and you were nice and helpful before and multiple topics are regarding this issue (my char can't even test it because still in sixth episode anyway but many others see the issue)

Ah, I see a ticket was sent by other (edit: jcox2 ) https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/13389597/#Comment_13389597 180628-000466

Update: Just after doing the FE, realized I was finally allowed to skip (thank you whoever allowed that) but now I am in the same boat of others. it's OK though, since I can now continue to delta questing (through escallation which was accepted a while ago) and New Romulus line questing (due to a quest accepted in DS9 by an Ambassador)
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
  • darknamechaosdarknamechaos Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    From a jem'hadar vanguard player, yes the older missions do vanish with home now out, but if you do home, they will come back, its part of our "story" you could say, which kept the older missions locked till we completed them. but this only works for the jem'hadar players, not sure on the others sorry.
  • kururu565kururu565 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Completing the current feature episode will clear the bug
    edited June 2018
    kururu565 wrote: »
    Completing the current feature episode will clear the bug

That's only for Jem'Hadar, completing the Feature Episode does not unlock episodes for Starfleet players.

Doing the Featured Episode Home was the first thing I tried, as well as replaying Beyond the Nexus, since that was the last episode I played. Hoping it would unlock the rest, it did not.

Also noticed, on my Jem toon, even after finishing new episode and getting all missions back, Terminal Expanse has disappeared from my mission journal again and I'm being hailed by annoying temporal agent to tell me everything is fine again on every login on the toon too.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I only have access to Gamma quadrant and the engineered for war as well as the Featured missions and nothing else is listed despite the fact that i have finished thru to and ready to start new romulus, spectres , borg, breen, cardassian struggle. all gone and were completed. nothings listed other than the first two mission sets. till this is fixed i will be off game again, so far 21 days not played, thanks to romulan issues, now we can add jem'hadar issues to that list of reasons to not play.

adding home to the gamma quadrant relocked all missions below gamma quadrant. once home was completed all missions reopened and were hailable. i have not run any of said missions but i can at least select them to be run and add them to current running mission list. also note of interest all klingon only faction missions missing from jem'kadar kdf alligned toon.
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • engineerb4#4806 engineerb4 Member Posts: 211 Cryptic Developer
    Thank you for the report.
    STO Software Engineer
    I build things. Things that make us go.
    edited June 2018
    [sorry for double post due to lag :( I didn't mean it please delete this post]
    Doing the featured episode "Home" should unlock all of the story arcs again. This happened because its technically inside the Gamma Quadrant arc even though its showing as a featured episode.

Also applies to characters (Jemm'Hadar) who did the FE, and only then realized Tenebris is newly skippable for them (don't kno if since patch or since after doing "Home", I only skipped Tenebris after doing "Home" and that skip seemed to have a strange effect), and that they have that way unlocked Delta and NR lines but only those?

P.S.
    I don't think not doing this episode should lock any non Jemm'Hadar out of any missions he/she already unlocked, so I humbly think this should be checked.
    Also, thank you for enabling us (who were stuck in Tenebris) the option to skip it finally :)
  • engineerb4#4806 engineerb4 Member Posts: 211 Cryptic Developer
    Thank you for the report.
    STO Software Engineer
    I build things. Things that make us go.
    edited June 2018
    It seems Jem'Hadar aligned with Fed don't have skip enabled on their missions. We are looking into it, its probably another data error.

Just in case I didn't write things right and was misunderstood:

I did skip the mission,
    but only after doing "Home" (FE) and off course after the maintenance.

As a result, multiple tabs of missions appeared (good things), but I could continue only on Delta and NR paths (by escalation and a quest taken from the ambassador from DS9, enabling me to start both Delta and NR lines but no previous lines - though as for Dyson I need to verify first if and where I could get or skip the 1st quest - for now I don't see any such option) - couldn't take other quests beside from those lines, I think, and so, I think in a way some things were open and some things still blocked.

I wished to check (if possible and seems reasonable and justified in this regard) if my Jemm'Hadar's status is as should be/as others/as expected in that regard, considering I skipped possibly wrongly and as character could be in a partial unlock unintended state. (Arak'Lar) This even though my character can continue in NR and Delta line for long and be fine with it (I'd like to know if the char's future advance is alright/works like other chars if not OK, so will be fixed with them if there is any issue in this regard)

Note that I thought the skip I did was an intended new option, though. Did you mean that non Fed Jemm'Haddar ere supposed to be able to skip those missions like non Jemm's do? (sorry, I wasn't sure I understood)

But what I meant to add, is that in my humble opinion, for NON Jemm'Hadar's chars, characters options before this line should not be blocked by this line/any FE or negatively depended/limited by it or its state.

Thanks for attending this issue again :)

P.S.
    After the skip, my character had a new available quest which I forgot - a melting pot. It used to be a featured episode a while ago, I think.
  • cervaruscervarus Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    It seems Jem'Hadar aligned with Fed don't have skip enabled on their missions. We are looking into it, its probably another data error.

Skip isn't enabled on my KDF-aligned JH, either.
    > @engineerb4#4806 said:
    > It seems Jem'Hadar aligned with Fed don't have skip enabled on their missions. We are looking into it, its probably another data error.

You guys are also looking into the problem for regular Starfleet character's? Thanks!
    edited June 2018
    And just checked. Kobali is TOTALLY bugged for my char. couldn't get the *FIRST* wrapper anyhow.
    Database error I assume, or I am forced to try sixth episode on my Jemm, which I definitely can't as of now due to a combination of difficulties and a really bad comp. I guess I'll abandon that char regarding questing for a while until it's fixed.
  • borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Mine did not show at all until completing 'Home'. After that, they all are back on the episode list.
    Mine did not show at all until completing 'Home'. After that, they all are back on the episode list.

But that's only for Jem'Hadar, not normal Starfleet characters.

• tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Must have got some wires crossed when updating the Jem'Hadar missions to retcon "Home" into the arc.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
    Today after coming home from work I logged on STO, but I verified files before logging on.. Again, because I thought.. Why not.

There's an update!

If you look at my screenshot at the top of the picture, episode progression for my Starfleet character is at a stop, but what I did not notice.. Is that one episode is actually missing, Melting Plot is missing.

The good news however is that Admiral Quinn now actually offers missions again, he offers the Melting Plot mission. Something he did not do last night, I will attempt to play the mission and see if that unlocks progress.

Screenshot of Episode Tabs, episode Melting Plot is missing from new frontiers.
    w59F8OD.png

Screenshot from the Star Trek Online wiki, confirming that Melting Plot is indeed missing from the New Frontiers journal.
    w49Jysa.png

The good news is that for some reason, Admiral Quinn is now offering the missing episode, I will attempt to play through it and see how the game responds with unlocking the rest.
    CsON3uJ.png
    edited June 2018
    After doing the missing episode from the New Frontiers arc, since Admiral Quinn is now offering the mission in person.

It unlocks the rest of the episodes in the tab properly again, I am now able to advance properly through the episodes again.

Even after completing the episode Melting Plot, it does not appear in the list of episodes.. Very strange, but thankfully Admiral Quinn is offering it in person. So you're able to advance now!

After doing the missing episode Melting Plot, given by Admiral Quinn in person. The next episode now unlocks properly. Even after completion Melting Point is missing from the list.
    cZa4g5C.png
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Is this only happening on Starfleet?

No wait...there is another thread with Romulans...are they missing missions, too. Or is that just unable to use the consoles on the ship?

I know Jem'hadar have to finish Gamma episodes and FE first to unlock faction stuff.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Is this only happening on Starfleet?

No wait...there is another thread with Romulans...are they missing missions, too. Or is that just unable to use the consoles on the ship?

I know Jem'hadar have to finish Gamma episodes and FE first to unlock faction stuff.

This thread is for Starfleet having missing episodes and Jem'Hadar. It's a mess right now. Probably a broken data file effecting both factions, just like after the Jem'Hadar tailor restrictions were put in place. Female Starfleet characters can no longer wear the Odyssey uniform standard.