test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do we need a Cut-Scene when traveling through the Wormhole?

When we begin or end a mission, our ships warp in or out of a sector, but we never get to travel through the Wormhole. Should we get a short animation, of our ships traveling thru the Wormhole to the Gamma quadrant and later back to the Alpha quadrant?
f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.

Do we need a Cut-Scene when traveling through the Wormhole? 56 votes

Yes
48%
mattjohnsonvazedbrightlander1eazzierandom909meimeitooarliekkospwstolemynamespacehermitgradiievilmark444yepidiedagaingalattadmrenlarreckkaggert27jtoney3448theraven2378katanahiryutyler002mneme0warpangel 27 votes
No
51%
duncanidaho11baddmoonrizinbloodyrizwhere2r1kodachikunoazrael605seaofsorrowsseriousdavedragnridrcrashdragonvaloreahschloopdoosennahcheribliantheliademolishionalexvio1valarauko43leemwatsonsisko09tm706 29 votes

Comments

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    Yes
    Obviously, since I am asking the question, I'm for this, but only if the Devs have the ability and time to do such a thing.
    Yes
    reyan01 wrote: »
    What is needed more than this is the option to travel to the Gamma Quadrant via the DS9 exterior map (perhaps if you move close enough to the wormhole), not just the sector space location.

That's be cool, too.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Yes
    Yes, but make it skippable.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    No
    While I like the idea. The novelty would wear off rather quickly I think. I would however support a wormhole cutsene for your 1st trip through the wormhole
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Yes
    reyan01 wrote: »
    What is needed more than this is the option to travel to the Gamma Quadrant via the DS9 exterior map (perhaps if you move close enough to the wormhole), not just the sector space location.

How about adding this in, and having the cutscene play when you enter from DS9, but not when you do it from sector space? Could be a good compromise for everyone
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    No
    I voted no, but I thought about a little and maybe they could make it optional...like say you go into the DS9 system and use the wormhole from there...you can get the cutscene...but if you use it from sector space it just transports you with no cutscene.

• aliguanaaliguana Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    No
    no, don't need a cut-scene, but some kind of "warp out through the wormhole" animation would be nice (possibly impossible though)
    LUKARI GUERILLA GARDENING MILITIA - Glowing fingers are Growing fingers!
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    well, since 99% of the time going through the wormhole is going to end with a loading screen, why can't they be combined?
    Spock.jpg

• gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Yes
    Only if its only as long as the loading screen though.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    Yes
    > @evilmark444 said:
    > reyan01 wrote: »
    >
    > What is needed more than this is the option to travel to the Gamma Quadrant via the DS9 exterior map (perhaps if you move close enough to the wormhole), not just the sector space location.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > How about adding this in, and having the cutscene play when you enter from DS9, but not when you do it from sector space? Could be a good compromise for everyone

I really like this idea.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Yes
    Oh, bah, clicked the wrong option, wanted to say no. :rage:

Don't want any additional slowdowns when moving around. :/
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    No
    If they did one, it would be fine if it only played on your first trip through.

Players will be frequently traveling back and forth, a cut scene every time would be highly annoying.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    No
    > @azrael605 said:
    > > @reyan01 said:
    > > What is needed more than this is the option to travel to the Gamma Quadrant via the DS9 exterior map (perhaps if you move close enough to the wormhole), not just the sector space location.
    >
    > Odd that you can't really considering they made the Jouret Gateway a door to the Gamma Quadrant.

It was probably easier considering it was already a door to Dyson and delta. I suspect it's harder to create a new door. Especially in the map itself, but then again we have the door to the captains table in the earth and qonos maps so I could be wrong.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    It was kind of underwhelming how you just suddenly hit the load screen and then appear in the new quadrant, it didn't actually give you the magical feeling of traversing through the wormhole.

But if they were to implement something it would have to be a unique transwarp animation and your ship would have to suddenly appear directly in front of the wormhole beforehand.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    Yes
    I was disappointed there wasn't one to begin with. I want a full scene of your ship travelling into through and out of the Celestial Temple.

However, I get that some people don't want one, so for those Make it skippable, or Sector space you just transwarp there as it stands, while entering from DS9 map gives you the full scene.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
    Yes
    So, maybe a one time cut scene, but I'm assuming not like this one time cut scene.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAFMsTPs9gM

And much shorter, like this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRc7tczubOs
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,240 Community Moderator
    No
    Need? No. But if it were possible to replace the current loading screen with an animated loading screen that simulates traveling through the wormhole, that might be cool.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Only if it was in place of the loading screen.

As the main pastime in the gamma quadrant is to sit about idly twiddling thumbs as we wait for the queues to pop, others to click accept, loading screens and the 30 secs pause while noone bothers to pay attention to the objective we don't really need anything else to prolong the time wasting and tedium.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    well, since 99% of the time going through the wormhole is going to end with a loading screen, why can't they be combined?

On lower end computers that might make the animation choppy, or delay the loading so much that it barely saves time from multi-tasking, and I doubt it's possible to make an old game engine use up different cpu cores and optimize everything. Having separate coding for high end vs low end machines is extra work.

I'd just like an option to skip all animations (Beam out, warp out, etc.) before or after loading screens as to me they don't give added immersion as much as having an overall shorter (seamless would be ideal) waiting transition period.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User
    Yes

Have the cut scene as the load screen. That could work