test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[RISA] 2018 Risa Lohlunat Festival - Discussion

Comments

• trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Its only Halloween and all Friday the 13ths, the April occurrance this year was a Friday the 13th.

Yup. And looking it up, 2018 has 2 Friday the 13th's. This one being the last one. April and July, So the next iteration of this will be Halloween.

Then for 2019, we're looking at September and December, as well as Halloween.

So, it happens at most 4 times a year. We haven't seen a year with 3 Friday the 13th's since 2012. The next time this happens is 2026.

You can look here, you'll need to extend to 2050 to get all the dates past 2020.

https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/weekday-friday-13?ext=1
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Having Hearts and Minds is something I suppose, but would be nice if they did a real Halloween event.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I wouldn't complain if they actually did something special for Halloween. Like they do for April Fool's. I enjoy the April Fool's sounds, especially the "Zoooom!" and different pew-pew sounds.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • alfred#7355 alfred Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Its a waist of time. 90% of the races I cant finish because the flag dissapears just before I get there (With another minute to spare till the race ends)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Stop sucking? I only have that happen if I mess up.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Its a waist of time. 90% of the races I cant finish because the flag dissapears just before I get there (With another minute to spare till the race ends)

I made a thread about that...hopefully, the Devs take a look at that run timer.

There seems to be a greater disparity, now, between those who finish in place and the rest of the field, since they added speed to the top end power boards and floaters. And people who are able to run the game at the peak, sure they should get the best prizes...they shouldn't be knocking people out of a acquiring a consolation prize.

Especially, THIS YEAR when we are very top heavy on these races.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    where2r1 wrote: »

There seems to be a greater disparity, now, between those who finish in place and the rest of the field, since they added speed to the top end power boards and floaters. And people who are able to run the game at the peak, sure they should get the best prizes...they shouldn't be knocking people out of a acquiring a consolation prize.

This is because there is a 1 minute timer that starts when the first place flag is picked up. This doesn't really help those on the slower boards. But, it is what it is.

Mm5NeXy.gif
    edited July 2018
    I think the one minute timer starts when the 3rd place flag is picked up.

And I have one of the slow mini-boards and have no problem Finish-ing.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    If you can't finish the race in time, you deserve to lose. Such is life.
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    edited July 2018

Flag grabbing been broken year after year and sadly probably might not be fixed again.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Of all the events, this is the one I'm most inclined to do... except that it's incredibly grindy. I can spend HOURS doing silly things... literally jumping through hoops... and come away with NOTHING. In fact, that's what I got today. I spent over an hour flying around, trying to enjoy the thing, and when it was all done, I hadn't enough favours to get ANYTHING of interest.

This is the thing with events like this, they're supposed to be FUN, not a tedious grind that seems to get you nothing.

It's like War Games, the only winning move really is not to play. I'm seriously finding it really easy to walk away from Risa after the daily floater run for the ship and that I'm only interested in it for the admiralty card.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
    I think they should make some Endeavors strictly for the Events and deactivate them during the other times.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    I've tried everything when it was 'new', and I clearly must have raced a bunch that first year (since I've been working off a massive pile of monkey tags ever since), but in general the only event I do is the Horgahn Hunt. It's quick, it gives a lot of favors quickly, and it gives Eggs (which is how most of my alts have leveled their reputations).

That said, I'm not doing it as much this year as in the past. Having discovered Borg Red Alert as an anytime source of Choice Marks, and not having any alts with an unleveled rep besides Gamma (all of whom have ~1k marks from the Recruit account rewards), I don't need the eggs. Combine that with not really having much I want to buy this year & a large saved reserve of marks? Yeah, don't feel a burning need to run the Hunt much.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,293 Community Moderator
    I wish the Summer Event had DOFF assignments like the Winter Event.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    DOff assignments would be pretty useful. Would make up for the fact that there are SO MANY RACES these days.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The Winter Festival Doff Assignments give out some of the best Dilithium rewards for Doff Assignments in the game.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Just something to note here. And not sure how I managed it. But, in the Risa System #1, I have managed to get locked behind an invisible wall. I can visit Risa's 2 moons, but I can't get close to the planet. Not fully trapped I can t-warp. Not sure how it happened either. As you can see here, I'm aimed toward the planet, but moving sideways along the outside of said wall.

0ORr51Q.jpg
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    And here we have Risa's two moons.

d66Celz.jpg
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • noemiecarnesirnoemiecarnesir Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Did you tried to warp on the orbit, from the layer notice? The first page.

About the event I am not really motivated to run it. (Except with one character for the Vorgon ship).
    In fact I was disappointed with the came of new floaters and powerboard because I farmed like crasy two years ago for give the previous floaters to all my characters.

I know we are on an MMO and all things are supposed to evolve, but it would be not for this time, in my case.
    It's like the possibility one day to have T7 ship or greater quality than epic. I hope it will never come but we don't know if one day.

Currently, I prefer focus on farm my Jem'Hadar recruit and do assignments to all my chars.
    About assignments it would be great to have those on Risa, during the event. Like the winter event.
    Post edited by noemiecarnesir on

About the event I am not really motivated to run it. (Except with one character for the Vorgon ship).
    In fact I was disappointed with the came of new floaters and powerboard because I farmed like crasy two years ago for give the previous floaters to all my characters.

I know we are on an MMO and all things are supposed to evolve, but it would be not for this time, in my case.
    It's like the possibility one day to have T7 ship or greater quality than epic. I hope it will never come but we don't know if one day.

Currently, I prefer focus on farm my Jem'Hadar recruit and do assignments to all my chars.
    About assignments it would be great to have those on Risa, during the event. Like the winter event.

YEah, that's what I did. I t-warped from Risa to Risa via the event t-warp. But, this is a good warning for others. As I don't how it happened, other than some how when I was doing something else and idled out.

I just didn't know there was an invisible box around Risa like this. So.. discovered something new.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I never have to worry about Powerboards for my Account, I have the great Future
    Flyer.

The normal Warp to Risa Sector takes you right to a point that the button to enter the system is there. Not sure if you travel to Risa in Sector Space via set course, that it takes you to that point where the button to enter the system is availible.

Why they make you charge the planet while in system to get the various beam down choices is beyond me. They really ought to revamp entry to systems that have ground/station components.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    trennan wrote: »

YEah, that's what I did. I t-warped from Risa to Risa via the event t-warp. But, this is a good warning for others. As I don't how it happened, other than some how when I was doing something else and idled out.

I just didn't know there was an invisible box around Risa like this. So.. discovered something new.
    There is an invisible box on all space maps. I've glitched out through the one in the Sol system myself.

One way things like this happen is if you log out, enter a queue, visit bridge, etc when next to a wall. When you come back your position shifts slightly and you may spawn on the wrong side of the wall.
    I've never had that happen. Hope not to have that happen.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    It's happened to me a number of times.
  • galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    When we trade in our pets animals, can we PLEASE have the option for Gamma marks?
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    galatt wrote: »
    When we trade in our pets animals, can we PLEASE have the option for Gamma marks?

Based on last year, and Competitive marks? Doubt it.
    galatt wrote: »

Gamm marks. Just hit the Swarm Adv. Get all the optionals for a full 52 points, total 104 marks. no cooldown. So 4 more marks than the bird/monkey trade in on a fairly constant farm.

Using the monkey'bird trade in is a great way to get marks, for alts. Since i don't bother running queues on them.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    What would you say to someone who was coming in dead last in a biathlon with around a dozen others and still is able to grab the First flag?

Only thing I can think of is everyone else got DQ'd somehow...
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    What would you say to someone who was coming in dead last in a biathlon with around a dozen others and still is able to grab the First flag?

Only thing I can think of is everyone else got DQ'd somehow...

It is those insidious Impulsive floaters. They have a mind of their own.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
This discussion has been closed.