test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The doff Elder Jitat'talor should be account unlock pls

Dear Kind-hearted Devs,

The Dominion Recruit Transponder reward for reaching level 15 on any R&D school is a very rare purple Aegis doff (Elder Jitat'talor). I had thought that this doff was an account-wide unlock, so that I could finally get an Aegis doff on my main toon where all of my schools are maxed. However, after reaching the goal, and looking everywhere, it turns out that the doff is not on any other toon.

There seems to be no other way to get the Aegis doff. Yes, I have tried using the Request R&D Assistance from the Personnel Officer on SFA costing me 1,000 dil every week for years now with no luck, so I assume that this method no longer works.

I have reached out to devs at conventions, and general managers and administrators in chat to try to resolve this, to no end. I don't know what else to do except to ask here. Such a tiny thing as this doff is would mean a lot to me, and perhaps a few others as well, and would be such an easy thing to finally make happen through this reward, as I originally had hoped. As someone that has been a Lifetime subscriber and supporter of STO since beta, this would be a great kindness if you could find your way to make this happen, and it would be very greatly appreciated.

With highest regards,

Jenica
Resistance is never futile!

800S3a8.jpg

Comments

• Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    That would be nice. Can't you get the Aegis DOff off of the Exchange as well?

In the meantime, the Aegis Set is Account Bound. You can level it up, use it, pass it to your Alts and let them use it, too.
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I think there never was common (white) or uncommon (green) Aegis R&D DOFF - and if I remember correctly only such DOFFs could be rewarded from "Request R&D assistance.."
    Edit: STO Wiki states that there is chance to get "Gumarre", but how big (or small) it is… propably smaller that to get a UltraRare T6 from lockbox.
    There is rare (blue) "Gumarre" but it was character bound on pickup (I think - so no Exchange way to get) rewarded to toons that got maxed R&D before it was reworked to current form, and as a reward for Delta Recruits and AOY Recruits - but it was only for the recruits - it was not account reward.
    So it's nothing special, that the new R&D DOFF is only on Gamma Recruit.
    Personally I think, I will max my Gamma Recruit - all schools to 20 (for better chance for critical) - and make him my crafter, even if my old main is already maxed, nad I got Gummare on him.
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    Can't you 'reclaim' the rare (blue) "Gumarre" Aegis Doff from the Dilithium (?) Store for 0 dilithium on a character that has maxed out the R&D schools?
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    if the Aegis is account bound... make on toon that has the Doff and transfer via account shared bank.
  • Options
    AEGIS set is account bound… after it was equipped, before that it can be send by mail, sold on exchange etc...
  • Options
    Can't you 'reclaim' the rare (blue) "Gumarre" Aegis Doff from the Dilithium (?) Store for 0 dilithium on a character that has maxed out the R&D schools?
    I don't think so, "Gumarre" was rewarded to captains, which maxed R&D before it was remade to current form - I mean maxed the old crafting, which was done on Memory Alpha… the rewarding was at point when the R&D was changed - when season 9.5 was put online.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    I don't think so, "Gumarre" was rewarded to captains, which maxed R&D before it was remade to current form - I mean maxed the old crafting, which was done on Memory Alpha… the rewarding was at point when the R&D was changed - when season 9.5 was put online.

I think Gunmarre can be gotten from the request R&D help... chance is "rare" thou... good luck with RNG.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    As someone who fully understands that Aegis gear can be sold/traded, and is even only Account Bound after use, and is aware of other Aegis DOffs (Gumarre, etc.), I still would like to speak-up and agree with the OP, asking that Elder Jitat'talor be an Account-Wide Unlock. It's just a good DOff to have in-general, and I have character that collect the unique DOffs. Knowing (another) one exists that they can't get, is annoying. Heh.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    w00qw00q Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    Agree!

Agree with the OP, asking that Elder Jitat'talor be an Account-Wide Unlock!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    saber1973a wrote: »
    I think Gunmarre can be gotten from the request R&D help... chance is "rare" thou... good luck with RNG.
    He is, I have many of him. But due to the randomness of RNG I have extras on some characters, and none on others.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Wish I could score a Gumarre. I've never scored one
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Everyone got a Gumarre for free as I recall.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    jenicazarinajenicazarina Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    lopequil wrote: »
    Everyone got a Gumarre for free as I recall.

Only if you participated in crafting before they took away Memory Alpha.

Resistance is never futile!

800S3a8.jpg
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    Adding my vote to support the OP for Account-wide unlock here. And yes, Gumarre is available from the Request R&D Assistance assignment, I've got a couple Alts with several copies.

That WAS a long time ago, though, so I can't say if that method hasn't been stealth-nerfed since then. Anybody gotten one lately?
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    Not just the DOff, I think that the account-bound rewards acquired from your Jemmy for non-Jem'Hadar characters are quite a letdown (at least so far, maybe the very last ones that take a while to acquire will make up for them), compared to what Delta and Temporal recruits could offer.

So far at 28/40 gamma objectives complete, ~700Marks with a third being fleet marks, 22500 fleet dil vouchers, R&D stuff you can find easily elsewhere and not in huge quantities and 14000 R&D Research XP Bonus Pool for other characters, and th-tha-th-that's all folks! Where are the unique devices, unique traits, Boffs, non-fleet-exclusive dil and other original stuff?
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Bah, every recruit event an AEGIS doff. I wish they'd come up with something new instead of beating the same dead horse for years on end. The AEGIS set was outdated long before the R&D revamp.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    I haven't looked recently, but last I did, you could pick up the whole Aegis Set from the exchange for less than what you could sell the necessary materials for, and that's not including aquiring the DOff. It just isn't sensible to make this set. I'm assuming people are dumping them on the exchange as they keep trying to craft UR versions?

I got my Gumarre for my main (and my pre-Delta Recruit alts) by crafting on Defera. It was after they closed Memory Alpha and they announced the crafting revamp. Spent a day or 5 crafting boosters and such at base camp on him and on alts for a DOff that, sadly, I rarely use anymore. He usually isn't even good enough to get assigned to R&D missions on my alts (he's not VR), and my main is at 20 in the schools already anyways.

Anyways, aside from the appeal of collecting DOffs, I don't see any practicality behind wanting this DOff.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock