test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gamma Recruit Level 10 R&D not rewarding 2 boxes?

It says that it's supposed to reward 2 boxes that can each be used to advance an R&D school to level 10, but I only got one.

As an aside, why wasn't kits and modules an option for the upgrade?
FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!

Comments

• captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    I didn't get a second one either. Either a mis-print or they were alluding to a future reward?
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    Likely an oversight because i only got the one
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    If you're KDF, you're hosed on the level 5 reward, too - the 5 Research DOFFs you get are all FED, and thus unusable. :( Mine were sold into slavery on the Exchange. ;) Which is a win for them, as I could have executed them for incompetence!
  • neomodiousneomodious Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    vorwoda wrote: »
    If you're KDF, you're hosed on the level 5 reward, too - the 5 Research DOFFs you get are all FED, and thus unusable. :( Mine were sold into slavery on the Exchange. ;) Which is a win for them, as I could have executed them for incompetence!

I can't say I'm surprised...
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I got doffs that were actually very good... for greens. I actually got an AENAR research lab dude!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    One box here too.

I also noticed that when you claim the box on your alts for re-engineering a Mark XV item.. the box is supposed to grant you a 'large amount of salvage.' It actually does absolutely nothing at all.

I should probably bug report it.. I just honestly don't care anymore. :neutral:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I also noticed that when you claim the box on your alts for re-engineering a Mark XV item.. the box is supposed to grant you a 'large amount of salvage.' It actually does absolutely nothing at all.
    IIRC, it said salvage bonus pool. I'd presume that means you have to earn some to get the bonus just like the XP bonus pools.
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User

Did the same here. Really sad, because I desperately needed those Doff types.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    IIRC, it said salvage bonus pool. I'd presume that means you have to earn some to get the bonus just like the XP bonus pools.

Really? Wow.. ok. That's a silly reward, but at least it makes sense. Thanks for the info.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    I got doffs that were actually very good... for greens. I actually got an AENAR research lab dude!

You're Fed side? Because KDF-side, they are nice Green DOFFs, but you can't assign them to any DOFF mission or R&D project, nor can you upgrind or downgrind them. Totally useless. I sold mine in one day for 100k EC a pop, though!

Did the same here. Really sad, because I desperately needed those Doff types.

After I sold my slackers, I bought some KDF ones on the Exchange. Those are more expensive than the FED ones, though, so I ended up with fewer.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    You're Fed side? Because KDF-side, they are nice Green DOFFs, but you can't assign them to any DOFF mission or R&D project, nor can you upgrind or downgrind them. Totally useless. I sold mine in one day for 100k EC a pop, though!
    No, KDF allied, but I mailed them to myself.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg