test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Terminal Expanse not showing up on Jem'hadar

syrupofsquillsyrupofsquill Member Posts: 159 Arc User
The episode after vorgon concusions doesn't appear all the time but is supposed to show up in Yesterdays war arc when players hit lvl 50 or something.
Its missing on Jem'hadar

Comments

• anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    I was able to do it through the Available tab, but it still doesn't show up in the Journal.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    anodynes wrote: »
    I was able to do it through the Available tab, but it still doesn't show up in the Journal.

Thanks for that.

Still, I believe this bug where it doesn't show up in the episode tab is connected to the romulan temporal agent (of all contacts) hailing on loading in, for some reason.

This whole temporal arc is overall so buggy on even Romulan chars...

EDIT: One thing though, it's now impossible to replay for Jem'hadar.
    Post edited by toiva on
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
    Hopefully will get fixed after today's maintenance as it's even mentioned in the patch notes.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.

• anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    toiva wrote: »
    EDIT: One thing though, it's now impossible to replay for Jem'hadar.

Yes, that is always an issue for this workaround. Same with I think it was Brushfire for KDF-allied Romulans a few months ago. Anything only accessible through the Available tab is not replayable.

I think it's Yesterday's War in general that's causing a lot of the progression problems for characters that were in-progress prior to VIL. It's like the missions in there are not triggering when they're supposed to, but they're still both unskippable, and blocking progress through any later missions.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • iamjmphiamjmph Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    it was one of the post ViL patches that screwed it up, not ViL itself. I played through just fine before that Friday i think then things went weird... but i no longer see Terminal Expanse on the Episodes tab so, its an issue...
    This has been fixed for me. My Jem'Hadar now sees Terminal Expanse in the mission journal (so can replay if needed) and no longer gets hails from Romulan temporal agents.

Well dammit, after the latest patch, this bug is back up for my FED-allied Vanguard Jem'Hadar. That is, after playing through Home and even unlocking all the other episodes alltogether.
    So once more, Terminal Expanse is not replayable and I'm again getting calls from the romulan temporal agent...

• rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    My UNeducated guess/advice/take about that:
    Please be careful if reusing Rom's (or rom's delta or even recruit in general) code for jemm's (or otherwise) or vice versa (or even generally).

Romm are VERY buggy to begin with (we romulan characters' players though handled it mostly through the year)

Jemm are not Romulans and have their own needs and problems. Many of those players are old players who have played through the lower Arcs before as well.

Also recruit code is not clean of bugs either.

Some criticism here, sorry:
    If you let a char start from level 65, then stuck it until it finishes the sixth tough mission which is impossible for some with old comp or disabilities, so its level doesn't mean much until he finishes (no Kobali and up/Dyson line possible, can't do 1st line quests+), at least don't cripple it with new char's errors for many problematic/unskippable/blocking other quests it doesn't necessarily need :)

If you do intend to put some blocking quest (which is ofc fine) please check and consider the work needed and potential issues and difficulties and check for bugs and consideration of the specific type of char (recruit/non recruit, faction, jem/rom/fed/kdf etc)

BTW, on a personal note, I wanted to also make a KDF Jemm to help my other fleet by the specific char. As of now, I don't think it will happen. (I know account benefits can be unlocked by my Fed, yes) It's fine, but it's a pity still that something which started nice, was (and will be) too hard to worth it. I'll probably handle my Fed jemm one day and still developing it outside questing (hopefully soon a new comp arrives :) so it will be easier despite my difficulties) but this left a bitter taste.
    Oh please, fix this for good already. It was fine before you released "Home". After that, "Terminal Expanse" isn't showing up in the episode list for my Vanguard Jem'Hadar, thus it cannot be replayed. And I get calls from a romulan temporal agent...