test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Help needed not sure if it’s the game or my laptop

I was gonna post this is the support but not sure where to yet. Anyway lately I’ve been able to play the game for a an hour before it starts to act like lag. This morning I cycled through 12 toons and when I got to the last one it started act like really bad lag I was just doing the same as I did on my other toons. Fleet dil mine and refining dil. Is anyone else experiencing this.

I have setting on medium and most of graphic settings are on low.

I’m running windows 7
Intel hd 3000

Answers

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Let me ask you this, when you get the lag effect, if you close out the game and re-launch it.. does the lag persist?

Tough to diagnose with the information you have, but if it always happens after a set amount of time it sounds like an issue with the computer. Perhaps running out of available memory.. of if it's a laptop it could certainly be a thermal issue. Is the computer really hot?
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    jordan3550jordan3550 Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > Let me ask you this, when you get the lag effect, if you close out the game and re-launch it.. does the lag persist?
    >
    > Tough to diagnose with the information you have, but if it always happens after a set amount of time it sounds like an issue with the computer. Perhaps running out of available memory.. of if it's a laptop it could certainly be a thermal issue. Is the computer really hot?

Sorry about the lack of info am not sure what info I need to give. When I close the game and relaunch it’s fine and plays perfect and then just repeats. It does get hot but nothing excessive. I do have a cooling pad and only the game running and nothing in the back ground. it’s the first thing I checked. I didn’t have this issue before the last major update.

I forgot to add to the specs I have 6gb ram installed
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    I've started experiencing a lot of lag and rubberbanding since a couple of weeks ago, but always only when I had Firefox active at the same time.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Do you always play at the same times?

I am wondering if you get the same lag during peak times as well as when there are far less players on? The servers tend to be more laggy during times when there are a lot of players on, that's the most common times to see things like rubber banding and other network issues.

If the issues persist even when player count is low, that would lead me to lean more toward it being the computer. Easiest recommendation is before you launch the game, open your task manager and close anything you don't absolutely need. This will make sure the computer can give it's full resources just to running the game.

It is curious though that this suddenly started with VIL. The player counts have spiked heavily since the launch so it's possible it's server side lag.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    jordan3550jordan3550 Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    I do my toon cycle dil refining on a morning 5am uk time before getting sorted for work then on for about 6pm same day. 6pm a think is in in peak time usage over here with everybody home from work and that. the only thing that changed on my machine was it was running windows 10 but with the graphic card issue a few months ago I had wiped and set back to windows 7 and they installed avast. I don’t know why but I have a feeling avast could be the issue but that’s just my gut feeling. I would upgrade back to windows 10 but intel don’t support the graphics driver for my machine anymore