test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Time to update the number of ship slots being purchased.

So right now two (2) additional ship slots in the C-Store cost 500Z, the problem is that every ship bundle (with a few exceptions) comes in multiples of three. So why not just offer thee ship slots in threes (3)? Even if it cost 750Z its still better than the current 2 at a time for the reasons above.

The other option is to make it so ships sent to DryDock do not lose their Mastery Unlocks when sent to the DryDock. Yes I know technically the mastery is unlocked permanently for the character once it hits the max, but I still find it annoying that moving a ship to DryDock and then back out effectively reset the exp for the unlock even though you still have it.

Or another option is just to start including shipslots with the bundels. It kinda suck to purchase a ship and then reilize that you need to buy a slost to use it to toss a ship into drydock or worse into ship vendor.

Personally I would just sell ships slots in 3 at the current price of 500Z

Thats my 2 cents

Comments

• darkspeakerdarkspeaker Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    Glad I am not the only one who wants this. I was told that it could cause issues with the database, but that needs to be updated or changed so it's no longer an issue.
  • tobywitczaktobywitczak Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    From what I could find, it boils down to poorly optimized data storage. Back in 2011 there was a cap of 28, but that was increased to 48 in 2014 after some optimization (we also got more inventory slots/and R&D slots as well). However, for lifetime members the ultimate hard cap is 60, so this is just a way to artificially restrict ships in play. (granted that I have not hit the lower cap at this time)

The real issue at the moment is that each ship can viewed as specialized inventory slots, and each ship can have up to 40 slots so the number of items that can be kept is huge. 2400 items if one was the max out all the ship with items, that far more than the 204 item cap in your inventory

I am hoping that the re-engineering is the next step in optimizing database items and that we could see another bump in slots.

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    The other option is to make it so ships sent to DryDock do not lose their Mastery Unlocks when sent to the DryDock. Yes I know technically the mastery is unlocked permanently for the character once it hits the max, but I still find it annoying that moving a ship to DryDock and then back out effectively reset the exp for the unlock even though you still have it.

If this is still happening, report it as a bug. I've Dismissed ships and when I re-Claimed them their partially filled out Mastery was intact.