test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New EV suits

without giving anything away those new fed Ev suits the feds wear in the last mission are nice.
Will we be able to get them at some point?
0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok

Comments

• Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Point to note: they were MACO armor derivatives. Helmet and chest piece (IRRC) were new but the base suit was from the Borg rep.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    They do look amazing. I wish we could get them, also as a costume unlock. Would be great for a Hazard Team EV suit.
    19852_1.jpg
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    Point to note: they were MACO armor derivatives. Helmet and chest piece (IRRC) were new but the base suit was from the Borg rep.
    i did notice they had similar look to the maco armor but the changes made the suit look so good i do hope we can get them added.

0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    It would be nice if we got EV-suit variants for rep armors that should by all rights act as EV-suits due being fully sealed (basically all but the iconian ones) and before KDF mains come to whine I see no faction difference here the HG armor has gorget and a fully sealed helmed as part of it so it's no different from the MACO set as far as funtion as an EV suit is conserned.

Maybe have those as unlockbles when you've gotten the full set. And why I think the Iconian rep armor wouldn't count as an EV-suit is because it has an open face mask rather then a fully closed helm.
  • Options
    spiritborn wrote: »
    And why I think the Iconian rep armor wouldn't count as an EV-suit is because it has an open face mask rather then a fully closed helm.

Also the Delta Rep armor has no helmet of any kind
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    I was thinking the same thing myself when I first saw them OP.

Love the clear face mask, so you can see the characters inside.

Hope we get an option to obtain them at some point.
  • Options
    I think the main reason we don't get clear visors is because most of the EV suits with locked helmets cause lots of clipping with the head, as seen when you speak with D'Tan after discovering the Iconian Gate on New Romulus.

They were able to get away with it here and with Kal Dano because the helmets were a seperate entity from the suit, and thus able to move with the head. Another issue we might get is the sheer number of irregular head shapes and sizes.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Availible soon in a Dilitium Store near you for only 4,500,000 Dilitium. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    Availible soon in a Dilitium Store near you for only 4,500,000 Dilitium. :)

41c.gif
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I think the main reason we don't get clear visors is because most of the EV suits with locked helmets cause lots of clipping with the head, as seen when you speak with D'Tan after discovering the Iconian Gate on New Romulus.

They were able to get away with it here and with Kal Dano because the helmets were a seperate entity from the suit, and thus able to move with the head. Another issue we might get is the sheer number of irregular head shapes and sizes.
    Mechanically, a helmet IS a head shape in STO.