test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Colour Grid

Have they changed the colour grids?

None of my saved uniforms load and when applying a uniform from the available uniforms, all of the colours are off (no real change there). But when I go and dig out the cannon colour schemes from Sto.gampedia, where I've always went to get cannon colour schemes, they no longer match.

"H1" being the perfect example. It used to be black, now the black row is way down at "Q". The badge I was attempting to colour, from the Wrath of Khan was off, and the number of available colours has greatly increased from about 10, to a full grid all the way down to the original black row "H".

Star Trek Offline is currently online. We apologise for the convenience and are working to remedy the situation.

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,309 Community Moderator
    Short answer: in some instances, yes.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2018
    Yea an unusual and somewhat strange but TRUE work around for some Jem Hedar Bridge Officer's with unusual linked gear colors - some gain this unusual linking of set piece colors from various Tactical pieces?

Seems this ONLY occurs if you choose to wear the Jem'Hedar Tactical Gloves which is a pain so for now I just don't wear them at all. I mean my color choices look very close to the Holographic Dukan'rex Red and almost identical. My challenges comes in I try to make the Arm Attach Left / Right have a simply off white color on the Cannister to contrast the Grey outfit yet then the wrists wraps go white? So I've simply made the outer Cannister's the same as the Wrist Wraps and then tried to work within the restrictions or just not use the Tactical gloves at all.

▪ Still I think it be far NICER if we could update the outfit of the Gem Hedar Tactical Bridge Officer we receive from Facility 4028. I mean he's NOT a hologram like Dukan'rex and is an actual Jem'Hedar; I suspect if they allowed us to change the Uniform thought it wouldn't be restricted to just Jem'Hedar choices as their a Federation Bridge Officer. Yet how is that different now from our Captain who can wear Federation outfits unlocked if they are the choosen Ally?

▪ It also be nice thought if they added a Purchase addition Gem Hedar Vanguard Bridge Officer for 500 ZEN; yet perhaps that's the reason they encourage most Starter Pack people to later upgrade to the full pack for 3 more Bridge Officers. Still there are many who have 10 or more Bridge officer's...

Something very nice to see and should be expanded are upgrades for a few additional packs:

╘ Just wish they had similar option for Temporal Starter Pack & Temporal Pack too.

╘ Maybe also offer a discount Upgrade for those who previously purchased the Intrepid; for them to get interiors too.

<3

@ambassadorkael#6946

▪ Guess I'd just be happy having patiently waited over 2-3 years for a FIX to Klingon Gorn Very Rare Bridge Officer's.

Currently they are Bugged so when commissioned they turn Rare and have only a single Superior Trait. It's why nobody buys them even if the Very Rare Gorn are recruitable thru Duty Officer missions. Currently the only players in game who can EARN a Very Rare Gorn Officer are actually Federation Officer's from speaking to the Ambassador upon reaching Level 4 in Diplomacy.
    0zxlclk.png
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »
    ▪ Guess I'd just be happy having patiently waited over 2-3 years for a FIX to Klingon Gorn Very Rare Bridge Officer's.

Currently they are Bugged so when commissioned they turn Rare and have only a single Superior Trait. It's why nobody buys them even if the Very Rare Gorn are recruitable thru Duty Officer missions. Currently the only players in game who can EARN a Very Rare Gorn Officer are actually Federation Officer's from speaking to the Ambassador upon reaching Level 4 in Diplomacy.

Gorn bridge officers have been like that for at least 5 and a half years now. As the title of that thread shows, Saurians have the same issue. There is a thread about Gorn specifically from a month later.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »

Gorn bridge officers have been like that for at least 5 and a half years now. As the title of that thread shows, Saurians have the same issue. There is a thread about Gorn specifically from a month later.
    They have been that way since the beginning. It's not a bug. They CAN'T have more than one Superior trait because they have 3 preset racial traits on them.

And yes, saurians/letheans with Efficient are the same, because Efficient can't be Superior.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,309 Community Moderator
    Ok, the OP is asking about color palettes, not Gorn BOFF Traits. Let's stay on topic.

Qsn3vFp.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Yea an unusual and somewhat strange but TRUE work around for some Jem Hedar Bridge Officer's with unusual linked gear colors - some gain this unusual linking of set piece colors from various Tactical pieces?

Color linking is an artifact from the engine (in Champions you could set it manually). The work around I've found is to load up another saved uniform that doesn't exhibit color linking (even if it isn't for the same species or faction, just load up another file). You can then hit the reset button for each slider category to revert to your original officer (though be careful about resetting any category with color options, that could reinstate linking.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Why can't they just totally dump color linking, and just have a single color palette with all available shades no matter what Faction/race/uniform. I mean, c'mon, here in the 21st century we have the ability to produce any type of material in any color/shade desired. Did we somehow lose that ability over the next 400 years ?
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    arionisa wrote: »
    Why can't they just totally dump color linking, and just have a single color palette with all available shades no matter what Faction/race/uniform. I mean, c'mon, here in the 21st century we have the ability to produce any type of material in any color/shade desired. Did we somehow lose that ability over the next 400 years ?

In 400 years there'll still be folks telling other folks what should or should not go on their uniforms. That's the nature of uniforms. ;)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    arionisa wrote: »
    Why can't they just put up the interface buttons to operate the linking mechanism the way its designed? It's a useful feature in Champions. Saves a lot of work not having to manually color-match every bit an piece separately.