test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Vanguard pack?

meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
Someone please tell me about the Vanguard ship pack. What does it include? What does it cost? And why can't I find it in the C-Store and/or at promotions? If you want me to spend money, lol, please let me do so! XD
3lsZz0w.jpg

Comments

• Options
    morden613morden613 Member Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    deleted.
    Post edited by morden613 on
  • Options
    postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    Its for the season that hasn't started quite yet, no point asking people what they don't know, unless you want pages of no information and endless speculation.

The phoenix and infinity events are keeping dil prices down so its a good time to convert dil to zen despite the mirror event. I've got my 15k zen ready.
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    The pack won't be live (thus, in the C-Store) until June 5th.

You should see "Gamma Pack" at the top of your window, with "News" and "Forum."
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    K, thx guys! :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    Do you receive anything extra by pre-ordering? I've read the announcements, and the answer seems to be no. There is no benefit from pre-ordering or paying with cash vs. waiting and using Zen.
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    Do you receive anything extra by pre-ordering? I've read the announcements, and the answer seems to be no. There is no benefit from pre-ordering or paying with cash vs. waiting and using Zen.
    The benefit is it is far cheaper to buy with cash over Zen. Compared at least to converting cash into zen and buying.
  • Options
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    The benefit is it is far cheaper to buy with cash over Zen. Compared at least to converting cash into zen and buying.

Is it? For 99 euros you get like 12,000 Zen. The pack costs 124 euro, so, very rough calculation, that amounts to... 15,000 Zen.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    Has the Zen price been confirmed as 15,000 or is that just an educated guess based on the Temporal and Delta packs?

I guess if you're doing a straight cash-to-zen conversion, that it is cheaper. If you're using dil, then it can easily cost less.

Good to know.
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Is it? For 99 euros you get like 12,000 Zen. The pack costs 124 euro, so, very rough calculation, that amounts to... 15,000 Zen.
    Not looked at it in € but in £ it’s cheaper to buy in cash. The packs cost £99 but £99 only gives you 12,000 zen which isn’t enough to buy the typical pack costs of 15,000 or 16,000.
  • Options
    postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    Packs usually cost about 15k, with a possible discount on release reducing that further, they might even do bonus zen for real world money.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    a

Not looked at it in € but in £ it’s cheaper to buy in cash. The packs cost £99 but £99 only gives you 12,000 zen which isn’t enough to buy the typical pack costs of 15,000 or 16,000.
    As usual, your mileage may vary when it comes to currency rates.
  • Options
    postinggum wrote: »
    Packs usually cost about 15k, with a possible discount on release reducing that further, they might even do bonus zen for real world money.

Just bought the Vanguard (pre-order) pack. I really hope pre-orderers don't get 'punished' by seeing a huge C-Store discount (below pre-order price) when VIL launches. That would be lame.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options

Just bought the Vanguard (pre-order) pack. I really hope pre-orderers don't get 'punished' by seeing a huge C-Store discount (below pre-order price) when VIL launches. That would be lame.
    Not lame. Business. What other purpose could there be to offer pre-orders for a product that literally can't be sold out, if not to gouge the impatient.
  • Options
    warpangel wrote: »

Not lame. Business. What other purpose could there be to offer pre-orders for a product that literally can't be sold out, if not to gouge the impatient.

Seems you got this figured backwards: the usual incentive to pre-ordering stuff, is so you'll get a discount when you do.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options

Seems you got this figured backwards: the usual incentive to pre-ordering stuff, is so you'll get a discount when you do.
    I'm talking about the "incentive" for them to offer one at all. To get impatient people to pay extra.
  • Options

I'm talking about the "incentive" for them to offer one at all. To get impatient people to pay extra.

Like I said, the usual incentive to pre-ordering stuff, is so you'll get a discount when you do. 'Impatience' doesn't play into it, as you're not actually getting anything until ViL goes live. So, yeah, if ppl who pre-order wind up having paid more, that really would be very lame.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    The history of pre-orders here is that the pack is offered for a discount which has generally lasted 24-48 hours into the launch after it has gone to the zen store. Many choose to buy at that price but others wait for a bit as it will eventually come on at a 20% discount bringing it back to pre-order price, but likely still after a zen promotion. So a few folks tend to wait for the zen promotion to buy the zen cheaper and then buy the pack in a sale which will probably net you the pack for about 60% -70% cost rather than 80%. There has never been a pre-order exclusive so no reason to rush.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User

As far as I know the preorder price is the same even after a pack is released. it has been that way for all previous sto expansion packs. the zen price has also stayed the same if you do not buy during a sale.

there is no incentive to preorder unless you have cash to spend at that time or want to save up the zen and buy during a sale or during release cause all the zen one has didnt cost them a penny.

or you can wait even longer and wait for a discount on cash sale... up to 50% off. Course you could always wait for a huge zen store sale... 25% to 30% off and then buy zen during a zen sale or grind dil to zen on exchange.

• Options
    dirlettia wrote: »
    The history of pre-orders here is that the pack is offered for a discount which has generally lasted 24-48 hours into the launch after it has gone to the zen store. Many choose to buy at that price but others wait for a bit as it will eventually come on at a 20% discount bringing it back to pre-order price, but likely still after a zen promotion. So a few folks tend to wait for the zen promotion to buy the zen cheaper and then buy the pack in a sale which will probably net you the pack for about 60% -70% cost rather than 80%. There has never been a pre-order exclusive so no reason to rush.
    Right. They sell the pre-order at full price for the suckers early adopters, then put up a sale on launch for volume.
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    If the pack costs 15000 zen, then pre-ordering it would probably cost me about £4 more than buying it with zen...
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    Hmm, "This ship is for Dominion Captains only initially. It will be outfitted with a Tier 6 Starship Mastery Unlock which enables its use on all other characters on your Account once attained." What does that mean exactly?! I assumed it would mean 'You get to use said ships on your other toons too, once you unlock Tier 6 Mastery.' But now, *shock*, I realize it could also mean 'once you bought a new one of these ships for your other toons.' Please, clarify.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    tomgonjinn23tomgonjinn23 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    Hmm, "This ship is for Dominion Captains only initially. It will be outfitted with a Tier 6 Starship Mastery Unlock which enables its use on all other characters on your Account once attained." What does that mean exactly?! I assumed it would mean 'You get to use said ships on your other toons too, once you unlock Tier 6 Mastery.' But now, *shock*, I realize it could also mean 'once you bought a new one of these ships for your other toons.' Please, clarify.

My understanding from livestreams and what others have said is that There are 6 mastery levels once you complete all 6 you can claim that ship on your other characters. That's also how it reads very clearly.
  • Options

My understanding from livestreams and what others have said is that There are 6 mastery levels once you complete all 6 you can claim that ship on your other characters. That's also how it reads very clearly.

Why, that's good to know. :) Thx.

What about the Cardie T6 ships, though? They look like they're only claimable on one of your toons (of choice).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    I doubt the Cardassian ships are single-character unlocks, they're probably account-wide like ships in other discount packs.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    tyler002 wrote: »
    I doubt the Cardassian ships are single-character unlocks, they're probably account-wide like ships in other discount packs.

Wonderful! :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    roubiniroubini Member Posts: 57 Arc User

Early adopters always pay more. Companies just fool you into thinking you get a discount////wait 6 moths and look for the big cuts/

It's just "Dr Doom" Roubini
    Refugee from those other games!