test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game client still crashing after today's patch (5/24/2018)

I have been unable to launch the game client for 3 days now because the game client keeps crashing upon opening. I get an error message, which i have a screenshot, but for some reason it won't let me add the screenshot to this post. Every time the launcher tries to open the game client I get the error message and it crashes. This morning there was a patch that, i assume, was to resolve this issue, but I am still having the same issue. The error message reads: "Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (UNKOWN 0x8876017c) while Presenting."

Please fix this issue as soon as possible.

Comments

• Options
    zing1617zing1617 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Here is a link to a screenshot of the error message on imgur:
    https://imgur.com/7Z9PFa6

For some reason it wont let me add the image directly into the post.
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Since it appears that you are the only one having that problem (due to the lack of all the "me too" posts), it is unlikely that Cryptic can do anything to fix it as it is almost certainly something with your system.

A Google search for that specific error can work wonders. I always do a Google search for error messages before coming into the forums and blaming things on Cryptic. Why ? because over 90% of the time the problem is not on Cryptics end.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    I searched the error code, and some similar issues popped up on the sto reddit page, but none of the fixes worked for me, and they were all dated 2+ years ago.
  • Options
    corexczcorexcz Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I have very similar problem, however...

My game was launching at first but remained as nothing more than a black screen. After few tries, it began to crash right away and error message for reporting began to pop out. I, however, got no error saying it's that it's Direct 3D problem.

So this is not mere problem of one person. Since devs lately fixed a lot of reported crashes, it's very possible it opened new ones no one is aware of right now.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    corexcz wrote: »
    I have very similar problem, however...

My game was launching at first but remained as nothing more than a black screen. After few tries, it began to crash right away and error message for reporting began to pop out. I, however, got no error saying it's that it's Direct 3D problem.

So this is not mere problem of one person. Since devs lately fixed a lot of reported crashes, it's very possible it opened new ones no one is aware of right now.
    I started having this issue on the 22nd, 2 days before the patch that supposedly fixed the crashes.
    I have been unable to load or play STO for over a week now, and would like some assurance by STO's developers that this issue is being looked into.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I forgot to mention that I also made a post on the STO Reddit later the same day i made this post. You can find it here: https://reddit.com/r/sto/comments/8lvtk4/game_client_crashes_with_message_fatal_error/
    I would really appreciate it if one of the STO employees would look into this for me, or at least post that you will look into it soon.