test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do you fix the shield batteries going into inventory from ship bug?

littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
I just recently came back to the game, and I remember this was a problem WAY back in the day. But whenever I switch scenes, my shield batteries go right back into my inventory from my ship. This usually means having to wait 30 seconds to use them again, IF I REMEMBER they're not where they're supposed to be until I actually need them.

So, what's the fix to this. I can't believe it's been going on for years and no solution has finally emerged.
Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire

Comments

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    Try saving your loadout with them and lock your tray, then make sure to never switch the stack out, only Ctrl-drag from an inventory stack and add up to 20. If you double click on a stack in Inventory, it thinks that's an entirely new thing if it puts you over 20, and tries to load the old stack back in. Also, make sure auto-equip for ships is off.
  • r0m#7631 r0m Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    Its a pain, I've been living it too. However tom61's advice is sound, it works for me. Just gotta remember to Ctrl-drag to replenish the stack. That being said, I thought this was a new issue, it would be nice to see it fixed.

Pretty pleeeeeease? :)
  • reiklingraiderreiklingraider Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    It does it with weapon batteries too.
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    Its a bug with the loadout system. Error msg will appear in chat window which is something along these lines : error unable to equip items from loadout. Its not just batteries but consoles, weapons also appear to be affected. I changed my ships weapons from Disruptors to Phasers and when I entered the next map the last 2 phaser arrays equipped were put back into my inventory. Been a bug since season 14 landed or before.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    ...Its a bug with the loadout system...
    I think the loadout system works well enough and I actually use loadouts to get back my tray/equipment back pretty often. If there's a bug it's with things changing for whatever reason on transitions. I can't log on anymore without seeing an 'unsaved changes' in my loadouts when *I* haven't made any changes. It's mostly some ship emotes that pop into my tray every map transition, but sometimes the powers from my tray get swapped or I too lose a battery and less frequently ship equipment. I can ignore the emotes STO keeps adding to my tray but sometimes I'll overlook the important stuff until I need it, and then I can't use the loadout to get it back because I usually need it while at red alert. A nuisance that's been around for years even before loadouts existed.
  • alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    I don't use loadouts but see this bug regularly with batteries. However, I didn't have the bug with other items than batteries. This bug exists for years, I think.
  • bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    It's been an issue since the loadout system was added, a stack of 5 batteries in a device slot is seen as a single item with 5 uses, add a sixth battery to it and the loadout system can no longer find that item with 5 uses, and dumps your 6 batteries back into your inventory. It doesn't even matter if you don't use loadouts as you are still using the loadout system, as everything on your ship is listed in a temporary loadout.
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    Tonight, I had a brand new one that hasn't happened to me before. I entered the mirror universe mission and noticed my abilities tray was completely different. Started playing with that, and then the mission started, and I noticed that I could neither accelerate, nor could I understand why my shields were not up. Opened my ship screen to see that absolutely NOTHING was equipped. It all jumped into my inventory. I had NEVER saved a loadout on this character before, so was kind of at a loss as to what happened.

Not upset about it as I was kind of laughing when I saw what happened. Didn't do all that great in that mission, obviously, but I did better than I should have considering my engineer had just laid out all of the ship's systems on the floor and then decided to see if he could figure out how to put them back in their right place again. I really need to hire a new engineer on my ship.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire