test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Battle Armor Costume

Hey guys! I'm Ren, a lifetime subscriber of Star Trek Online! Recently I've been going through some of the costumes, specifically combat armor related. I've noticed all of the good costumes come from Reputation Projects or Lobi Crystals. Some of the costumes are also not quite what I'm looking for. Sure, they look cool, but they're a little...flashy. The only costumes that I really like are the Delta Alliance Ground Armor and the Vaadwaur outfit. The only things I dislike about them are that the Delta Alliance armor doesn't have enough style to it. It looks like a bunch of refrigerator doors welded together. As for the Vaadwaur outfit, it reminds me too much of a pirate or smuggler. I wanted to go for something a little more stylish like the Vaadwaur outfit while keeping the bulkiness of the Delta Alliance Ground Armor. The idea I came up with is the Frontier Combat Armor. I just named it that because in the game, we're now pushing into the Gamma Quadrant with the Lukari. The name can be changed, I just decided to come up with a temporary name. The armor could be colored differently, similar to how the Kit and Suit armor goes. I found an image of what the armor style would look like (or similarly to.)

sci-fi-armor-2-sculpt-3d-model-obj-ztl.jpg

It would not have the same helmet however. The helmet would look something like this.

NbeHrn2.jpg

It could also be colored differently, similar to how the Vaadwaur Helmet is. Anyways, the costume would be obtainable by using 200 Lobi Crystals or 550 Zen. Please keep in mind that this is just a rough outline of the armor. The appearance, cost, and name are all subject to change. Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Comments

• Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    What you may be interested in is the Tzenkethi armor set, same principles as 1 and you can team it with the vaaduwar helmet for the look of 2 (face plate and Iconian resistance head tech from rep make a good combo for a more open look.)

DLPQT65X0AILqlm.jpg
    DLO9rM7X0AAzDw3.jpg
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    xgnxlentgamer02xgnxlentgamer02 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Yeah, but I've also been wanting something that you can obtain OUTSIDE of the Reputation stuff. That does look badass though. Maybe a little too much of a Cardassian style, but badass.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    The Tzenkethi armor is lobi, only the head side attachments is rep. You can opt for a full helmet instead (and one does come with the armor.) Full choice of colors too.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    Ah. Nice. I'll work for it quickly then. What's the best way to earn Lobi?
  • Options
    The only way to earn lobi is through opening designated packs that contain it. Normally, that's only lock boxes (~4-6 lobi per box). However R+D and duty officer promos grant 10 lobi per related pack open. As it happens, there's a duty officer promo on now (not all packs qualify, so double check with the c-store description.)

Either way though, you're looking at spending a good amount of zen, dilithium, or EC depending on how you pick up your lobi-containing boxes or packs.
  • Options
    Thanks. Let's just see if this armor gets approved. XD
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Thanks. Let's just see if this armor gets approved. XD

Yeah due to legal reasons, fan/player submitted art is pretty much untouchable to Cryptic. Sorry about that.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    I was sure about that. That's why I just said it was a rough outline.