test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't play the game anymore

After last update it seems i can't play anymore with onboard grafics card. Here my eror.

NpDxmar.png

Comments

• Options
    deathdealer987deathdealer987 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I am getting the same error after the patch but i dont have an onboard graphics card.
  • Options
    jordan3550jordan3550 Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    yeah its the same error a few of us are getting, i think when people start logging on there are going to be a lot more
  • Options
    constantine4constantine4 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Have same issue, worked before the patch though :(
    Actually quite annoying, missing a day of Mirror invasion already :expressionless:
    Post edited by constantine4 on
    Belgium

Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright untill they speak.
  • Options
    voidhawk1voidhawk1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Seems to be a bug with Rivatuner or perhaps one of the other on screen info packages.
    Like MSI afterburner, EVGA's PrecisionX etc.
    Turned off the detection in Riva-Tuner and game fired up first time.
  • Options
    https://www.neowin.net/news/nvidia-says-new-drivers-coming-very-soon-to-replace-buggy-39731-release
    Read somewhere this might be the issue, will check it out tomorrow :p
    Belgium

Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright untill they speak.
  • Options
    kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    Having the same (or similar) issue. I wonder if it has anything to do with the new landing page. They change how we log in, and now some of us can't log in. Anyhow, I was playing 15 minutes before the patch, so I know it's not on my end.
  • Options
    > @voidhawk1 said:
    > Seems to be a bug with Rivatuner or perhaps one of the other on screen info packages.
    > Like MSI afterburner, EVGA's PrecisionX etc.
    > Turned off the detection in Riva-Tuner and game fired up first time.

I tried turning off rivatuner and afterburner and i still get the error - so that isn't it - at least for me.
  • Options
    > @"kronin#4685" said:
    > Having the same (or similar) issue. I wonder if it has anything to do with the new landing page. They change how we log in, and now some of us can't log in. Anyhow, I was playing 15 minutes before the patch, so I know it's not on my end.

I'd almost bet money it has something to do with this supposed landing page - whatever it is - seems like it tries to open another window instead of launching the game the way it used to do.
  • Options
    jordan3550jordan3550 Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    ive been getting this error on tribble when it had its 15gb patch a few week ago, since then ive not been able to get on tribble but holodeck i was fine till today
  • Options
    https://www.neowin.net/news/nvidia-says-new-drivers-coming-very-soon-to-replace-buggy-39731-release
    Read somewhere this might be the issue, will check it out tomorrow :p

Still don't remember downloading a new driver though.
    Belgium

• Options
    crioijoulscrioijouls Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Holodeck worked fine for me last night, but Tribble was giving me that since the VoL patch hit there. Am not too happy right now. Have my driver updated as far as it can go short of going out and buying a new video card.

I have posted details about my system specs here. https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1239738/direct-3d-crash-when-trying-to-load-tribble
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2010
  • Options
    crioijoulscrioijouls Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    I did see a patch for tomorrow on Holodeck for those with issues with some NVidia video cards. Hoping that fixes my issue on Tribble and now Holodeck.
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2010
  • Options
    kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    The patch worked. I can play the game again. Thank you. I hope everyone else here can, as well.
  • Options
    rykus83rykus83 Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    I'm having the same problem on my desktop game loads fine on my laptop tho? started around the same time as the OP thought it was a steam launcher problem so did complete uninstall and re install thru ARC worked fine after that, go to play now and getting same error message how do i fix this? crioijouls mentioned something about a patch is there a link to this patch or is the launch window supposed download said patch?
  • Options
    zing1617zing1617 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    I am having this same issue as of yesterday. I am unable to play the game. It launches the game client and then immediately it crashes with a similar error message. Any idea how I can fix this?