test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any recommendations on steady queues for Klingon characters?

Years back, when I was first playing a Klingon character, I noticed how difficult it was to get into a group mission. It was like no one was even playing that side of the game.

Recently, I came back to the game and fired up my Klingon and tried to get into the Klingon Fleet Alert (or whatever the Klingon side of the Fed Fleet Alert one is called), and the wait NEVER resulted in an actual mission. Are there queues that are active on the Klingon side that are quicker and busier? Or are Klingon characters just so rarely played by anyone these days?
Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire

Comments

• salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    You have to play cross faction queues as a KDF if you ever want them to pop. Borg RA, ISA, CCA etc.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Crystalline Catastrophe Advanced gives more fleet marks, is cross-faction, and pops quickly.

The Borg red alert now gives a choice of marks so can be used for any rep.

The mirror event starts tomorrow and gives ... uh, I forget.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    MI is usually mark choice which varies a little from things like station hp, level and possibly portals closed.

Then once the grind is done theres mark box and dil
  • locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    Someone recently at STO had the bright idea to merge minefield queues into a cross faction queue. And I'm not being sarcastic. This was a bright idea.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Got nothing to do with KDF, people just rarely play most queues at all.

CCA, ISA, borg alert, events when one is running, sometimes something the endeavors point to, maybe. That's about all that can be expected to pop.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    Faction Starbase Defense are the only faction queues that regularly pop. You have to rely on cross-faction reputation queues.

FYI, this is also even a problem for Fed / Fed-aligned characters also. Starbase 24 used to regularly pop all the time, now it's dead (and nerfed). Even other Fed stuff is just as dead.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    Thanks all for the info. It helped. Been playing a couple of the cross faction queues. One thing I have noticed, and this really concerns me is that my ship as a Klingon seems like it's made out of paper cause I just started dying over and over again during a Klingon Fleet Action (or whatever it's called). None of my other non-Klingon characters are so completely vulnerable in any missions I've run.

Is this something new with the Klingon ships, cause I don't remember being this bad off before. And just going through the equipment on my ship, I couldn't see anything that would make me think that I was armed with a bow and error in a space battle.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    That depends on what you're flying honestly and what gear you're running in general.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)