test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game turning off

smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
In the middle of play, the game just vanishes....no error messages or warning....just vanishing.
Happened three times in the past several days. Each time was with a KDF character...dunno if its particular to that.

Anyone else having this issue.
dvZq2Aj.jpg

Comments

• azraelswrd#4511 azraelswrd Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Yes, happened to me a few weeks ago. Solution that worked for me was to run the game using the 32-bit client (which you can set from OPTIONS at the launcher window after you log-in but before you start the game).

There is also a known issue with Nvidia's most recent driver (397.31) being very buggy which resulted in OUT OF MEMORY crashes (there should be other posts on this). I rolled back to the 397.55 version for the Nvidia driver and so far, the game has been stable.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    Dunno how to' roll back'

whats the difference between the 64 and the 32?
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,712 Community Moderator
    Just a heads up guys I'm going to close this thread since its a duplicate. I've merged the duplicate thread to here. https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1239793/random-crash-to-desktop
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.