test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question on repeating Delta Recruit missions

tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
I noticed that at least one early mission on the KDF side has a delta recruit optional, but does not seem to be repeatable. So if you happen to not grab the optional (which, granted, is pretty hard to miss), is the only way to get that reward to make another recruit?

Until now I'd though all episode missions could be replayed, but I guess that is not the case unless I've missed how to do it. I'm mostly asking because if delta recruit missions might not be replayable, I have to be careful to watch all optional goals. I know on the RDF mission "Turning Point", you can fail the optional if you choose certain dialogue options. Luckily, that mission was replayable, but I can't rely on that all the time.

Thanks for any info.
Tagged:

Comments

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    All KDF delta recruit optionals are restricted to missions that can be replayed. If you've never replayed a mission before, open the main mission journal and scroll through the episode listings. Each you've completed will have a "replay" button (with a few exceptions which do not matter.)

I recently made a KDF recruit and took note of where optionals fell in the arc. You're fine. ;)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    All KDF delta recruit optionals are restricted to missions that can be replayed. If you've never replayed a mission before, open the main mission journal and scroll through the episode listings. Each you've completed will have a "replay" button (with a few exceptions which do not matter.)

I recently made a KDF recruit and took note of where optionals fell in the arc. You're fine. ;)

That is what I thought, too. But I just started on KDF with a friend and we noticed that the first "learn information" optional you need to grab is in "The Hunt is On" which does not seem to have a replay button, so you can't go back if it is missed.

Luckily it is early enough that remaking her character and getting caught back up was a fast process, but the fear is that if it happens later down the road it won't be as easy to correct. The obvious solution is, just don't miss any optionals, but I wanted to see if anyone knew how often not being able to replay a mission would happen.
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    tagen wrote: »

That is what I thought, too. But I just started on KDF with a friend and we noticed that the first "learn information" optional you need to grab is in "The Hunt is On" which does not seem to have a replay button, so you can't go back if it is missed.

Luckily it is early enough that remaking her character and getting caught back up was a fast process, but the fear is that if it happens later down the road it won't be as easy to correct. The obvious solution is, just don't miss any optionals, but I wanted to see if anyone knew how often not being able to replay a mission would happen.
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @tagen said:
    > duncanidaho11 wrote: »
    >
    > All KDF delta recruit optionals are restricted to missions that can be replayed. If you've never replayed a mission before, open the main mission journal and scroll through the episode listings. Each you've completed will have a "replay" button (with a few exceptions which do not matter.)
    >
    > I recently made a KDF recruit and took note of where optionals fell in the arc. You're fine. ;)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That is what I thought, too. But I just started on KDF with a friend and we noticed that the first "learn information" optional you need to grab is in "The Hunt is On" which does not seem to have a replay button, so you can't go back if it is missed.
    >
    > Luckily it is early enough that remaking her character and getting caught back up was a fast process, but the fear is that if it happens later down the road it won't be as easy to correct. The obvious solution is, just don't miss any optionals, but I wanted to see if anyone knew how often not being able to replay a mission would happen.

If any mission with a Delta Recruit onjective is unreplayable that is a bug and should be reported as such. No Delta objectives were placed in any non-repeatable missions.

The first three KDF missions are not repeatable. If this is unintended, then yes, it is a bug. Yes, the second mission "The Hunt Is On" does have a delta recruit objective in it, which will prevent retries at getting this objective.

Given that it's a KDF *exclusive* bug, I suspect a fix will come... never.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    Oh no, it will be fixed (...propably) after the Delta Recruit event ends :p
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Well, yes and no. IIRC anything that's part of the extended tutorial can be shared with team mates.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    tagen wrote: »

Luckily it is early enough that remaking her character and getting caught back up was a fast process, but the fear is that if it happens later down the road it won't be as easy to correct.

I just took a quick look and you should be good from this point on. There are a few "missions" that can't be replayed but unlike the tutorial episodes these have zero gameplay (just talk to contact). I don't think any of them has a DR optional.

Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    The first three KDF missions are not repeatable. If this is unintended, then yes, it is a bug. Yes, the second mission "The Hunt Is On" does have a delta recruit objective in it, which will prevent retries at getting this objective.

Given that it's a KDF *exclusive* bug, I suspect a fix will come... never.

Yeah, I have noticed people saying that the KDF side does not get quite the attention for fixes that Federation does. At least it looks like there is more content there than there was when I played years ago and started a KDF character.

There was another bug that was pretty bad for a new player. the first KDF bridge officer you get goes right into the candidates list rather than joining. If you don't know that happened or where to look, part of the tutorial does not make sense.

I'll report both bugs and see what, if anything, happens.
    I just took a quick look and you should be good from this point on. There are a few "missions" that can't be replayed but unlike the tutorial episodes these have zero gameplay (just talk to contact). I don't think any of them has a DR optional.

Thanks! That is good to know.