test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Free Delta Recruit Charcter Conversion as part of the Delta Rising Operations Pack.

Now that everyone knows that the Delta Recruit still works (your running the event again), I think it would be a good idea to give free character conversions from non-DR character if the player where to purchases the Delta Rising - Operations Pack (not the starter pack). That solves the issue on the player side about having too many unused character just to grind out the last of the rewards, and it’s a good way to sell more Delta Rising - Operations Pack. It also makes the Delta Recruit character creation always available to people who purchase the pack even if the event is not running

The same logic could be applied to the Agents of Yesterday and the Upcoming Gamma Vanguard Pack

This doesn’t seem to be a big technical hurdle, more of a willingness to flip a switch on the backend.

The bonus is now we will be able to unlock all the event content even if the event is not running.

Comments

• arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    I believe character conversion, as the title of your thread states is just not possible. Race, sex, and faction, along with being a Delta Recruit or a Temporal toon are all set at character creation and can not be changed.

However, muddling through your actual post, it sounds as though what you are actually asking for is that players be able to create a new Delta recruit at any time as long as they have purchased the Delta rising pack (and have an empty character slot). If that is what you are actually asking, I think it's a great idea, along with allowing players who purchased the Temporal agent pack to create a new Temporal toon as long as they have an empty slot.

I seriously doubt if it would be as easy as flipping a switch though. Although they do have unlockable races that are only available to those who paid for them (or earned them in some cases) I would think that a Delta or Temporal toon creation is a bit more involved on the server end than just a different race. I could be wrong, on the server/database end it could be nothing more than another race and making it a Zen unlock might be quite easy.

Let's all get behind this one. Let's bug Cryptic to make Delta and Temporal toons an unlockable "race" and available at any time as long as you have paid for the unlock instead of only being available if/when they run the event again. It doesn't have to be part of the Delta/Temporal pack, they could make it a separate unlock like Caitan and the others. Even better, have both. People who have no hope of affording the huge Delta/Temporal packs might be willing to pay for just the toon unlock, and people who are thinking of buying the pack but aren't quite sure might be swayed to go ahead and cough up a car payment on the game :)

I personally know of a few people that missed DR the first time due to being somewhere where internet access, if available at all, was limited to 10-15 minutes once a week. One of those people almost missed it this time also as she is deploying back to that same place Monday. I know she would have gladly paid real money to get a Delta toon when she rotated home last time. Heck, I was willing to pay to start a Delta toon after I accidentally deleted mine before completing everything the last time. (Not gonna make that mistake this time around)
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • uliwitnessuliwitness Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    AFAIR, you don't have to finish playing a Delta Recruit during the event, they stay delta recruits with their communicator in their inventory forever, and can get their extra mission objectives after the event? (It's been a while)

Given that, the system has to be set up for Delta Recruits and Non-Delta characters to exist in parallel, and the difference has to be mostly at how they are created. But of course, I haven't seen any of Cryptic's code.

But of course, making something an event has benefits, like attracting new people during times when there would otherwise be a lull in the game (like spring break), and that may be why Cryptic invested in adding this functionality. So It may be that it will never be sold.
    Cheers,
    -- Uli