test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New laptop.

themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
edited April 2018 in Ten Forward
Well, I've had it with this old laptop I've been playing STO on. It was new... In 2010. Time for an upgrade.

Pulled the trigger on this bad boy from Origin PCs.

Case: EON17-X
Exterior: ORIGIN PC Black
Current Special Offers: Turn Your Tax Refund Into an Epic Upgrade
The ORIGIN Difference: ORIGIN PC EON17-X - The Best Gaming Experience Guaranteed
Keyboard and Touchpad: Customizable Backlit Keyboard w/ Three Lighting Zones and Multiple Color options and Multi-gesture Touchpad
Display Type: QHD 2560 x 1440 17.3" IPS 120Hz G-SYNC Matte Display
Processors: Intel Core i5 8600K 6-Core 3.6GHz (4.3GHz TurboBoost)
Graphic Cards: Single NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB [VR Ready]
Memory: 32GB ORIGIN PC Approved DDR4 2400MHz (2 X 16GB)
Operating System: MS Windows 10 Professional
M.2 SSD Option: m.2 SSD OS Drive
M.2 SSD Drive: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2
M.2 SSD Drive Two: None
Audio: Integrated High-Definition Audio powered by Sound Blaster Xfi MB5 w/ external 7.1 support
Onboard LAN: Killer™ E2400
Networking: Killer™ Wireless AC 1535 Dual Band +BT (*Killer Doubleshot Pro enabled)
SuperSpeed USB 3.1: SuperSpeed USB 3.1
SuperSpeed+ USB 3.1 Type-C: USB 3.1 Type-C
Media Card Reader: Media Card Reader
Finger Print Reader: Integrated Biometric Area Fingerprint Reader
Integrated Camera: Built-in 2.0M FHD Video Camera
Warranty: Lifetime 24/7 U.S. Based Support and Lifetime Free Labor. 1 Year Part Replacement & 45 Day Shipping Warranty
ORIGIN Recovery: ORIGIN Recovery USB3.0 Flash Drive
No Dead Pixel Guarantee: 45 Day No Dead Pixel Guarantee Free
ORIGIN Maximum Protection Shipping Process: ORIGIN Wooden Crate Armor
Free ORIGIN PC Peripheral: ORIGIN PC Mousepad
Free ORIGIN PC T-shirt: ORIGIN PC T-Shirt Extra Large
Notebook Coolers: Targus HD3 Gaming Chill Mat
Apps: Steam (The Ultimate Online Game Platform)
Apps: Discord
Web Browser: Google Chrome
Web Browser: Mozilla Firefox

That should cover any of my STO needs with PLENTY of room to spare, don'tchathink?

In the "Optional questions or comments about your order" section, I put this:

"Please leave out the T-shirt. You only offer up to an XL. I wear a 3XL. The only way that shirt would work for me is if I wanted a midriff shirt. Given that I am a 6'0, 270 lb white dude with a bit of a potbelly and enough body hair to be able to perform as Chewbacca's stunt double... well, I'll just leave you guys with that mental image.

Seriously, no shirt please. And sweet dreams."
Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!