test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trouble with Tribble

alissa#5135 alissa Member Posts: 59 Arc User
Hi I am a lifetime member and I have not been able to log into Tribble since the last patch  was looking forward to playing with the live feed yesterday but alas I could not.

Ticket Reference # 180412-000447

Recently you requested personal assistance from our online support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response. If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 7 days. Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

To update your question with additional information, please respond directly to this email or click here to view your ticket on our support site.

Response By Email (Zildross) (04/13/2018 08:42 AM)
Hello,

Thank you for writing back to us.

I understand that you've encountered an issue with logging in to the Tribble Test Servers even after Force Verification. While we would like to assist you further, unfortunately, this may need to be looked into by our test server team. It would be best to reach out to our test server management and development team through our forums regarding the login issue/error encountered. Here's the link for your convenience: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/categories/tribble. I have also taken note of this matter. Should you need assistance with anything else, please feel free to reach out to us again.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Regards,
Zildross
Game Master
Perfect World Entertainment
http://support.arcgames.com/
Customer By CSS Web () (04/12/2018 03:47 PM)
ok I have tried everything you told me to even tried on a different computer and I still get the message (Unable to start game client: The operation identifier is not valid.)
Response By Email (Cyrelm) (04/12/2018 01:53 PM)
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

Sorry to hear about the issues accessing the game. Please try to "Verify" the client files by following the short guide we've outlined below:

1. Shutdown your PC and wait for a few minutes before restarting it.
2. Shutdown all non-essential (including browsers, downloaders, instant messengers, gaming related software) applications running on your PC.
3. Launch the game via Arc.
4. Click the "Verify" button located on the lower and left side of the launcher.

At this point, the launcher will manually check each file against the server, and if it finds any discrepancy, it will download the correct file. After this process is completed, please login to the game and test if it is working as intended now.

Thank you for your patience and continued patronage.

Regards,
Cyrelm
Game Master
Customer By CSS Web () (04/12/2018 01:11 PM)
any head way yet??? this is what I get when I try to engage "unable to start game client: The operation identifier is not valid. I am a life time member
Customer By CSS Web () (04/12/2018 12:12 PM)
I am life time and cannot log into tribble

Unable to start game client: The operation identifier is not valid.
A Great man once said "Live Long and Prosper, I have been and always shall be your friend"

Comments

• lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Have you tried opening the launcher directly from the Star Trek Online_en folder? This worked for me.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • alissa#5135 alissa Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    lopequil wrote: »
    Have you tried opening the launcher directly from the Star Trek Online_en folder? This worked for me.

ahh yes that did work but why should I have to go through the extra pain in the bottom when it is something that is offered for LTM's so we don't have to go through the jaw jack to run the program. That is why I pad for LTM to begin with. Aren't we all ready over clicking as it is any way.

Besides this tip is a day and 3 email's after the fact when I wanted to use Tribble for something other than testing new content. It should be working and I don't think that is to much to ask for an option to function like it is suppose to.
    A Great man once said "Live Long and Prosper, I have been and always shall be your friend"
  • andreasn2andreasn2 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    It's a common issue, i've had it alot on both holodeck and tribble, and the only thing to work for me is to keep trying, Also you could just put the launcher in your start bar then you don't have to go through all the folders, that's what i've done since i don't like using arc, Anyways, This problem has been there for a while now, like about a month? And i think it's gonna stay for quite some time honestly, but to make sure, have you tried reinstalling tribble?
    alissacg wrote: »
    Hi I am a lifetime member and I have not been able to log into Tribble since the last patch  was looking forward to playing with the live feed yesterday but alas I could not.

Ticket Reference # 180412-000447

Recently you requested personal assistance from our online support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response. If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 7 days. Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

To update your question with additional information, please respond directly to this email or click here to view your ticket on our support site.

Response By Email (Zildross) (04/13/2018 08:42 AM)
    Hello,

Thank you for writing back to us.

I understand that you've encountered an issue with logging in to the Tribble Test Servers even after Force Verification. While we would like to assist you further, unfortunately, this may need to be looked into by our test server team. It would be best to reach out to our test server management and development team through our forums regarding the login issue/error encountered. Here's the link for your convenience: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/categories/tribble. I have also taken note of this matter. Should you need assistance with anything else, please feel free to reach out to us again.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Regards,
    Zildross
    Game Master
    Customer By CSS Web () (04/12/2018 03:47 PM)
    ok I have tried everything you told me to even tried on a different computer and I still get the message (Unable to start game client: The operation identifier is not valid.)
    Response By Email (Cyrelm) (04/12/2018 01:53 PM)
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

Sorry to hear about the issues accessing the game. Please try to "Verify" the client files by following the short guide we've outlined below:

1. Shutdown your PC and wait for a few minutes before restarting it.
    2. Shutdown all non-essential (including browsers, downloaders, instant messengers, gaming related software) applications running on your PC.
    3. Launch the game via Arc.
    4. Click the "Verify" button located on the lower and left side of the launcher.

At this point, the launcher will manually check each file against the server, and if it finds any discrepancy, it will download the correct file. After this process is completed, please login to the game and test if it is working as intended now.

Thank you for your patience and continued patronage.

Regards,
    Cyrelm
    Game Master
    Customer By CSS Web () (04/12/2018 01:11 PM)
    any head way yet??? this is what I get when I try to engage "unable to start game client: The operation identifier is not valid. I am a life time member
    Customer By CSS Web () (04/12/2018 12:12 PM)
    I am life time and cannot log into tribble

Unable to start game client: The operation identifier is not valid.

It's a common issue, i've had it alot on both holodeck and tribble, and the only thing to work for me is to keep trying, Also you could just put the launcher in your start bar then you don't have to go through all the folders, that's what i've done since i don't like using arc, Anyways, This problem has been there for a while now, like about a month? And i think it's gonna stay for quite some time honestly, but to make sure, have you tried reinstalling tribble?
  • alissa#5135 alissa Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    how do I uninstall tribble???

alissacg wrote: »
    how do I uninstall tribble???

You gotta go into the install directory folder, and delete the "Playtest" folder
    But i'm not 100% sure that will either work tbh, But you can always try