test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tour the galaxy slower since Tues 3rd April Maint

chanfron66chanfron66 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
Hello all

I have noticed that since Tuesday 3rd Aprils maint I am nearly a minute slower when doing tour the galaxy, none of my gear or traits or ship has changed but I did suspect the lead foot trait was broken only because it is mentioned in the patch notes.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10857174-pc-patch-notes-for-4/3/18

“Resolved an issue that caused the Lead Foot trait to grant an excessive turn rate boost while in slipstream”

I have never had good or excessive turn rate in slipstream, its terrible but have seen people who seem to make very sharp turns while in slipstream but I am usually stationary so its hard to tell.

I do Tour The Galaxy every day, with the following dedicated ship

Second anniversary Odyssey so have advanced slipstream

Borg Assimilated Subtrans Engine MK XII

Polaric Modulator Console MK XIII

Obelisk Warp Core Very rare

No other gear equipped other that a engine console and turn console but they don’t effect sector speed

Have Lead Foot Trait and science skill sector speed

With this setup I could complete the tour with approx. 1min 20-30 sec to spare give or take a few sec, with the addiction of Diplomatic immunity I had about 3 min left.

Since Tuesdays maint I now only have 20-30 seconds to spare or with diplo about 2 min 20-30 sec, I also notice the cut off for slipstreams are behind where they used to be.

I have tested over the last 8 days and its the same every time, I have tested without the lead foot trait and failed to complete tour with about 5-6 seconds short, so lead foot is indeed working, I have also tested on tribble server and its the same there.

Has anyone else noticed this, It all started after the maint, it was ok on the Monday.

Thanks

• Soft Tribble Warm Tribble, Little ball of fur, Happy Tribble, Sleepy Tribble, Purr Purr Purr
  • Hard Gorny, Cold Gorny, Big Ball of Scales, Angry Gorny, Fighty Gorny, Hiss, Hiss Hisssss
  • History will never forget the name "InvalidEntityName"

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Keep your eyes peeled for something new or incoming that adds sector space speed, then.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    You should seek professional help for that addiction of Diplomatic Immunity :).
  • fun4ever#6757 fun4ever Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    They just nerfed Lead Foot... after 3 years, for NO reason.

Before nerf my turn rate in slipstream was 8.5 - is this excessive turn rate? srsly excessive?
    After nerf my turn rate in slipstream is 6.5 - and... its very low... in tight turn now i have to disable slipstream.

And... yes, some ppl have excessive turn rate in slipstream (i was seeing it by myself), but i think its result of using some kind of exploit... and Lead Foot wasn't broken (srsly, this trait is 3 y/o).
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Just ran this on my KDF with the Risian Luxury Liner, Epic Assimilated Subtranswarp Engine and Epic Obilisk Subspace Rift Warp Core with no buffs or consoles and run time was spot on (+40s).

Also ran it on my Feds:

Dauntless with Epic Assimilated Subtranswarp Engine and Epic Obilisk Subspace Rift Warp Core with no buffs or consoles and run time was spot on (+1m25s).

Dauntless with UR Assimilated Subtranswarp Engine and UR Obilisk Subspace Rift Warp Core with no buffs and VR Polaric Modulator Console and run time was spot on (+50s)

Dauntless with VR Assimilated Subtranswarp Engine and VR Obilisk Subspace Rift Warp Core with no buffs or consoles and run time was spot on (+35s).

So there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with Tour the Galaxy.
    Post edited by kaithan1975 on
  • chanfron66chanfron66 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    They just nerfed Lead Foot... after 3 years, for NO reason.

Before nerf my turn rate in slipstream was 8.5 - is this excessive turn rate? srsly excessive?
    After nerf my turn rate in slipstream is 6.5 - and... its very low... in tight turn now i have to disable slipstream.

And... yes, some ppl have excessive turn rate in slipstream (i was seeing it by myself), but i think its result of using some kind of exploit... and Lead Foot wasn't broken (srsly, this trait is 3 y/o).

To be honest I never checked what my turn rate was but without lead foot slotted I am slower so it must still be adding speed to my setup, is it still 10% , no idea.
    Just ran this on my KDF with the Risian Luxury Liner, Epic Assimilated Subtranswarp Engine and Epic Obilisk Subspace Rift Warp Core with no buffs or consoles and run time was spot on (+40s).

Also ran it on my Feds:

Dauntless with Epic Assimilated Subtranswarp Engine and Epic Obilisk Subspace Rift Warp Core with no buffs or consoles and run time was spot on (+1m25s).

Dauntless with UR Assimilated Subtranswarp Engine and UR Obilisk Subspace Rift Warp Core with no buffs and VR Polaric Modulator Console and run time was spot on (+50s)

Dauntless with VR Assimilated Subtranswarp Engine and VR Obilisk Subspace Rift Warp Core with no buffs or consoles and run time was spot on (+35s).

So there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with Tour the Galaxy.

Thanks for testing, so all your times are they same as they were before, i.e before that maint you had (+1m25 sec) and after the maint you still had (+1min25 sec) give or take a few sec.
    If so then maybe that shows its something that is only effecting me and character is bugged or something, I have submitted a ticket about it anyway so will see what response I get.

As I have said I can still complete tour ok but over 1 min of time just disappeared after maint, its gone somewhere lol.

• Soft Tribble Warm Tribble, Little ball of fur, Happy Tribble, Sleepy Tribble, Purr Purr Purr
    • Hard Gorny, Cold Gorny, Big Ball of Scales, Angry Gorny, Fighty Gorny, Hiss, Hiss Hisssss
  • chanfron66chanfron66 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Stupid question, I submitted a ticket last week, how am I supposed to check it, list is empty in game.
  • midevilchaos#4670 midevilchaos Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    A year and a half later, the slipstream mechanic is still broken. I bought the Tucker Miracle vessel today specifically for the Tour of the Galaxy. So, a waste of zen that being the case :neutral: since I wasn't planning on necessarily using that ship on any other character.

I mean, I have the Lead Foot Trait, plus the Mycelial Harmonic Matter-Antimatter Core and the Polaric Modulator on my Tucker vessel. I mean, jeez, come on. I have three specifically tailor made equipment pieces for this. I wanted to be able to finish the Tour of the Galaxy. Reasons might be different from the OP, but come on.

So... bumping this thread until the issue is fixed.