test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account Bound Ships

Forgive me if this is the incorrect place to put this, but I felt feedback was likely the best place for something like this. Allow me to begin by saying that I have been playing this game since the Beta, and while I have taken breaks from it I always come back. Over these years I have accumulated a few of the Special Requisition Pack ships from some of the earliest to some more recent. However I have not used the same character over the years, when the Romulan faction launched I played extensively on that character leaving my first toon behind the same is true when the 23rd Century toons were added in. This means my ships have been stretched out across these characters. I imagine (or hope to) that there will be future expansions that could add new factions or unique starts, and that I will likely shift with those spreading my collection even further.

I would like to suggest a feature to allow such ships to be repacked and transfered between toons on the same account. By making the ships account bound you remove the possibility of having accounts and their ships stolen, you also remove any havoc that could be wreaked in the game's economy from people repacking and selling the very old and likely now very rare ships. This would allow players(like myself) to condense their collections on their newest or central toon.

Please keep discussion civil, and give explanations if you disagree or have a problem with this suggestion. Thank you :smiley:

Comments

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    C-store and event ships are account wide unlocks and can reclaimed infintely.
    Everything else, well that's a cash issue. Since making those account bound, repackable or reclaimable would cut into cryptics income there's basically no chance of that happening.
    Repacking lockbox/lobi/R&D- & Doff Promotion ships has been requested for years but it just fell on deaf ears, presumabely because of the potenital income loss.
    you also remove any havoc that could be wreaked in the game's economy from people repacking and selling the very old and likely now very rare ships.

Yeah, that's not a thing anymore. Ever since we got the Infinity Lockbox and Infinity R&D & Doff packs that factor has been pretty much eliminated.
    The only rare and expensive ships are:
    a) the ones everybody would like but just have a miserable drop chance (like the T6 connie)
    and
    b) the ships that barely anyone would actually want because nobody opens the infinity ship box for a bucket they don't want or one with a low demand on the market.

I'd pay a lot of zen to make promo ships account wide unlocks and I'm sure some are with me on this one but it won't happen.
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Well, being able to transfer my Fed Captains Risian Luxury cruiser to my Rom Captain where it would be more useful wouldn't cause any loss of income since it came from a phoenix box that I didn't pay anything for in the first place.
    Would be really nice if those kind of ships would also account unlocks like the original event versions (not icluding the bulwark & jhas since they were regular promotion ships) but I guess cryptic prefers to have us burn our dil with the phoenix boxes. At least there's plenty of good stuff on the lower ranks too so the phoenix box is never a "waste" like lockboxes tend to be.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Well, being able to transfer my Fed Captains Risian Luxury cruiser to my Rom Captain where it would be more useful wouldn't cause any loss of income since it came from a phoenix box that I didn't pay anything for in the first place.
    But the Dilithium you spend on it is now something you lack elsewhere, and might prompt you to purchase Zen to get Dilithium via the Dilithium Exchange.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    But the Dilithium you spend on it is now something you lack elsewhere, and might prompt you to purchase Zen to get Dilithium via the Dilithium Exchange.

That might be true, or not. If I was trying for a specific ship then maybe yes, but the one I already have doesn't affect anything. Besides, if I could move it to another alt and open a shipyard spot, I might be more inclined to fill that spot via Zen purchase for dilithium or C-store purchase.
    edited April 2018
    Here's the thing, cryptic's greatest fear are people who hoard dil, convert it to zen and use that instead of $-zen. Hence the refinement limit and the bazillion dil sinks. The phoenix box was introduced because they needed a dil sink people finally approved of and from the looks of it it was quite a success. And it was pretty much the first one that wasn't followed by a shitstorm of complaints how it's another overpriced traphole to dain us of our precious dil.
    What you or other individuals might do isn't as "important" (to them) as the very real chance of people "costing cryptic money" by not spending real cash on ships and stuff. That's why we have those restrictions and that's way they're not gonna remove them.

I'm not very fond of alot of those policies but those also ensure the continuation of the game, so those rstrictions on promo ships, c-store, etc. is something we pretty much have to live with.
  • danson666danson666 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    I would buy an unlock for Lobistoreships and Lockboxships aswell, they can add a new line for the Unlocks in C-store, then everyone can choose for themselves if they want all ships for a Account or only a few. Every ship can be unlocked seperatly the price should leave to them.
    This ist my opinion.
  • americanbamf#5789 americanbamf Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    i agree with that i have many ships i would like my simi-main characters to have that main has but i dont want to really grind out for the keys or take the risk of having to open boxes to just get some ship i dont want ,need or hate . but they could add some sort of special cstore item were it would be x amount for 1 and x amount for a bundle of a few account bindable items you buy that would allow for that even charge a insane amount so players wouldn't abuse it or like they do for inventory and bank slots x amount of times per account or per character but per account is what i would lean towards as they could restrict us more on that end so as it prevents abuses and its win/win for us all really even devs insane amount like 5k zen or something like that for 1 and a bundle for 10k or more zen bundle meaning they actually give you at least 3 or more otherwise its not a bundle but a set if they give 2 and set a max of no more than 4 to 5 and would solve the issue and far as the lobi store ships goes could be applied to it also . but thats wishful thinking on my part though as too much time ,money and resources would be needed for that to happen which won't happen .but its not a bad idea though if in fact they ever do on the off chance they do this count me in for a bundle package in the cstore as i would be among the first to buy it