test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Freedom!

thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
Featured Episode, "The Renegade's Regret!"

The hope of freedom was kept alive by Rebel forces and Tzenkethi Captain Neth Parr fighting against the evil Galactic Empire. In a daring raid, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empire's ultimate weapon—the Death Star! But as the Rebels raced back to their base, they were pursued by a powerful Imperial starship.

Would You Like to Know More?

We have the ships. We have the weapons. We need soldiers. Soldiers like You and Captain Neth Parr!

We need you all. Service guarantees citizenship!

https://youtu.be/diYAc7gB-0A
STAR TREK
lD8xc9e.png

Comments

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    Well now monster play as a Tzenketti Captain.
    Hopefully it will not be as horrible as flying a pre-equiped Dyson Destroyer against a bunch of Undine.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    Wow. I had the Star Wars Read Along Record... back in 1977 :) You can turn the page when you hear Artoo Detoo beep like this...
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    This could be fun as a one-off.

It shouldn't happen too often since it takes us away from our own Space Barbie and our preferred ship - gear -crew - skills setup that we've often spent a fair amount of time putting together.
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    This could be fun as a one-off.

It shouldn't happen too often since it takes us away from our own Space Barbie and our preferred ship - gear -crew - skills setup that we've often spent a fair amount of time putting together.

agreed. though they fact they can do things like this is good thing. hopeful they use it when a mission would make any sense for our charater to do.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    but a playable NON HUMANOID???? What are the possibilities THERE? I doubt the devs worked the game mechanics to allow that for just one mission? How freaking cool could this be?
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    but a playable NON HUMANOID???? What are the possibilities THERE? I doubt the devs worked the game mechanics to allow that for just one mission? How freaking cool could this be?

It is still a bipedal NPC so i doubt the changes will be that big. I also vaguely recall that sometimes Champions skins were used for testing .
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    is this a limited time misson like "hearts and minds" or will this stay?
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Bipedal alien with what I once saw called "fapping hands" being the only actual difference to most other races.

Big question would be will we be able to leap across entire maps in a single bound, knocking everyone over with our oversized melee hitbox and occasionally getting our head stuck in the ceilings of our oddly low station design.
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Big question would be will we be able to leap across entire maps in a single bound, knocking everyone over with our oversized melee hitbox and occasionally getting our head stuck in the ceilings of our oddly low station design.

We better, I want some payback for all the headaches they've caused me with their sniper-ranged melee attacks.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    tyler002 wrote: »

We better, I want some payback for all the headaches they've caused me with their sniper-ranged melee attacks.

I enjoyed those attacks, something different, and kept you on your toes :) managed to dodge several of them.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    It's not easy to dodge them while working on the accolade, being immobile and the priority target of a very Ground Pound-happy Captain.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    I wasn't a new idea either, they expanded the boxing kangaroo mentality of the vaud "boss" fights
  • Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User

if this can be achieved, the devs have no excuse left now to refuse giving us a non-humanoid BOFF.
  • Options
    It will essentially be a humanoid being played though.

Their version of the song might be Head shoulders shoulders knees and toes but they mostly walk the same and humanoids and while they do have two pairs of arms we've never actually seen them use those. Certainly the weapons are still pretty standard things that only need one set of arms to wield.

Fair chance that the smaller arms will be just an animated appendage that could simply have been done as part of a regular human shaped things armour rather than trying to glue them onto the actual skeleton of the character.
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TROfag5mSFE Another link as the above wasn't working for me.
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    ok 1. april frigging fools
    2. ban anyone posting george michael
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »
    ok 1. april frigging fools
    2. ban anyone posting george michael
    1. Not April yet.
    2. Considering it. :P
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    Ban for posting quinto maybe! George michael actually had some talent.

Wonder how much the show paid the animation crew that worked on his performance because he's never that animated in any of the movies he's been in.