test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T5 Skin Access on T6 Lobi and Lockbox Ships

I am curious if owning T6 Lobi and Lockbox ships of T5 variants without also having their T5s still allows access to their T5 skins, or not, and whether this is consistent.

Would really want to unbox the T5 R'Mor but have been waiting in case it will be needed for its skin on my Rom main once the T6 arrive - assuming they won't be made a faction-agnostic Wells for all like they sort-of did with the Eternal and their whole melting-pot federation of the far future thing.
Y945Yzx.jpg
Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
· ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
«» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿

Comments

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    It's been consistent that the T6 versions have access to the T5 skin, doubt they will change that.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Note of caution: we haven't seen a lock box revamp in over a year now (last they did was Tal Shiar, which shipped to consoles Feb 2017). The impetus behind them has been releasing old (for the PC) lock boxes to console with their original T5 ships upgraded. With the console and PC fairly close in sync now (they're getting contemporary lock boxes after the ~month delay imposed by platform certification) there are fewer gaps in the line up that need to be plugged by revamped lock boxes.

That's not to say that we won't be seeing any more updates to T5 lock box ships, but the process that's generated them seems to have at least slowed considerably. It may be some time before we see a T6 R'mor (unfortunately).
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Has it really been over a year since the last ones? At least we can console ourselves with the knowledge that the temporal ships will be next; someone already let slip what names they’re using for the T6 versions.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    lopequil wrote: »
    Has it really been over a year since the last ones?

Yup, I listed the exact box and console release date. :tongue:

The ones since have been new boxes releasing near-concurrently with the PC.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Sigh, how long must I wait for a T6 Recluse!? :cry:
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    lopequil wrote: »
    Has it really been over a year since the last ones? At least we can console ourselves with the knowledge that the temporal ships will be next; someone already let slip what names they’re using for the T6 versions.

Our last PC infinity box update was July 2017 so it's been about 8 months apparently. Still a long time.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.