test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So, "Time Will Tell", where is it?!

meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
"Time Will Tell" is supposed to be a featured Foundry mission. Can't find it at all. So, where is it, please?
3lsZz0w.jpg

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    "Time Will Tell" is supposed to be a featured Foundry mission. Can't find it at all. So, where is it, please?

On the KDF and KDF-Rom. Starting location Kahless expanse
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

Oh, so it's KDF-only? :( That's sad. But thx anyway.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    It's mentioned in the News post but not spelled out:

"Time Will Tell (ID: ST-HG930DWIE) is a KDF mission that begins when a mysterious anomaly appears in the Kahless Expanse, "

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10839144-foundry-spotlight:-time-will-tell,-by-xr-377

Who says Cryptic only cares about Fed characters. Not me.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User

Well it's not always possible to port a mission if the plot in some way makes use of your being a KDF officer. :tongue:

Kael clarified on Reddit that he's planning on alternating between FED and KDF monthly spotlights, except when an author has made KDF and FED versions available. In that case both are lit. :)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    > @davefenestrator said:
    > It's mentioned in the News post but not spelled out:
    >
    > "Time Will Tell (ID: ST-HG930DWIE) is a KDF mission that begins when a mysterious anomaly appears in the Kahless Expanse, "
    >
    > https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10839144-foundry-spotlight:-time-will-tell,-by-xr-377
    >
    > Who says Cryptic only cares about Fed characters. Not me.

Aww not being catered to at all times? Boohoo. Bout time the KDF got a bit of love.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    Hehe "Time will tell". The question answered itself.

Missions can have their faction changed in the foundry by the author. I've made missions that were offered to both factions.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

Well it's not always possible to port a mission if the plot in some way makes use of your being a KDF officer. :tongue:

Kael clarified on Reddit that he's planning on alternating between FED and KDF monthly spotlights, except when an author has made KDF and FED versions available. In that case both are lit. :)

I understand... kinda. I thought Foundry missions were just slapped-together objects, not bound-to-faction, really.

Kael was wise to highlight KDF missions, though, as heretofore I didn't even realize KDF-only missions existed. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User

I understand... kinda. I thought Foundry missions were just slapped-together objects, not bound-to-faction, really.

Kael was wise to highlight KDF missions, though, as heretofore I didn't even realize KDF-only missions existed. :)
    the way the STO AI is programmed you can't really have "factionless" missions, for example the Orion, Nausicaan and Gorn factions are inherently friendly with Klingons and each others, while being inherently hostile to UFP.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Cryptic staff are happy that KDF content has been made that they didn't have a hand in.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User

"Time Will Tell (ID: ST-HG930DWIE) is a KDF mission that begins when a mysterious anomaly appears in the Kahless Expanse, "

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10839144-foundry-spotlight:-time-will-tell,-by-xr-377

ummm foundry missions are written by players, not Cryptic
    Spock.jpg

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User

ummm foundry missions are written by players, not Cryptic
    But the player made missions are spotlighted by Cryptic, with minimal influence from Foundry authors. We can recomend missions for Spotlight but final call remains with Cryptic.

Oh and in this particular case the mission wasn't recomended, rather it was something Kael found by himself and thought deserved attention.