test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TOS Veteran Ship Skin

I know you cant really say TOS is a faction but it would be nice to have a skin for the T6/T5 Veteran Ships to have a skin would it not. Doesn't not need any different abilities (Maybe change the graphic and sound effect for the phaser lotus/ tachyon drain)

I think it would potentially look very cool.

Anyone else agree?

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I do. I don't have a LTS but I'd welcome more TOS skins. Cryptic's TOS designs look really good.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Yeah, it's quite the missed opportunity. Especially considering how the Prototype Dreadnought Cruiser (Atlas) is pretty much how the chimera/manticore would look in TOS style.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    Yeah, it's quite the missed opportunity. Especially considering how the Prototype Dreadnought Cruiser (Atlas) is pretty much how the chimera/manticore would look in TOS style.

Actually... it looks more like the granddaddy of the Command Battlecruisers to me. The spaceframe is a lot like the Engie Command Ship.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    That's a good idea, and a way to sell more LTS.
  • vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User

I had thought an interesting, top-level perk to add to LTS would be a token you could use to unlock ONLY 1 lockbox/lobi/R&D promo ship for your account for all characters to use.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    vampeiyre wrote: »

I had thought an interesting, top-level perk to add to LTS would be a token you could use to unlock ONLY 1 lockbox/lobi/R&D promo ship for your account for all characters to use.

That might be too generous since the "list price" of a lock box ship is 250 keys, and an R&D pack ship is 100 packs. Account-wide 1.x billion credit Connie unlock is worth more than the full cost of the LTS.

Cryptic might consider a "re-boxing token" to let you transfer a ship from one character to another.

• vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    vampeiyre wrote: »

That might be too generous since the "list price" of a lock box ship is 250 keys, and an R&D pack ship is 100 packs. Account-wide 1.x billion credit Connie unlock is worth more than the full cost of the LTS.

Cryptic might consider a "re-boxing token" to let you transfer a ship from one character to another.

The value-added proposition that you pointed out would make for a very compelling selling point, which is why I thought it was a viable idea.

"I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    Not a bad idea, OP. I was never one to expect the Lifetime Perks to have been expanded as far at they have. That said, it's up to what? 1000 Days? Many of us are well beyond that by now. Refreshing the perks might be somewhat in order.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • avfp101avfp101 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    How about a T5 Mirror Universe Constiution Class Refit, earnable in a mission like the temporel ambasador.