test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lost in Space - Season 2

garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
edited June 2019 in Ten Forward
Set 30 years in the future, colonization in space is now a reality, and the Robinson family is among those tested and selected to make a new life for themselves in a better world. But when the new colonists find themselves abruptly torn off course en route to their new home they must forge new alliances and work together to survive in a dangerous alien environment, light-years from their original destination. Stranded along with the Robinsons are two outsiders who find themselves thrown together by circumstance and a mutual knack for deception. The charismatic Dr. Smith is a master manipulator with an inscrutable end game. And the roguish, but charming Don West is a highly-skilled, blue collar contractor, who had no intention of joining the colony, let alone crash landing on a lost planet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5X3vC-XsU0
Post edited by garaks31 on

Comments

• garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited June 2019
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I remember watching the original series as a small boy and catching the odd rerun on latenight TV prior to the Invasion of the Infomercials. I've just finished watching the first season of Altered Carbon. Netflix did a great job with an excellent novel. So, I admit to looking forward to this. Thank you for sharing. I appreciate it. I had no idea this was coming.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    np. altered carbon was good but the flashbacks were too dry ..
    Post edited by garaks31 on
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Robot doesn't look right at all, other than that though the show looks good.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Yea... Robot being the first evidence of sentient alien life... very interesting.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Sounds like they mixed in bits of "Forbidden Planet"
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg

I take it back.............Robot, WTF?! Worse version then the movie version.

Oh, the pain of it all! And my childhood dies in 3....2....

Which version of Robot?
    latest?cb=20070425192748
    or
    latest?cb=20140910012334
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »

I take it back.............Robot, WTF?! Worse version then the movie version.

Oh, the pain of it all! And my childhood dies in 3....2....

Which version of Robot?
    latest?cb=20070425192748
    or
    latest?cb=20140910012334

That second version was, IMHO, a pretty good modernization of Robot. Only thing they would need to do to bring it up to 2018 standards would be to adjust the head, maybe make it a touchscreen display (with the same shape), or even just add some holographic bits to it.
    eaY7Xxu.png
    What I always thought the robot need for the head was to made it so the things you see on those posts inside the head do more stuff. Presumably they're the Robot's eyes and ears, so radar, x-ray vision stuff like that.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    what does any of that have to do with the way the robot looks?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    For me, the look of the Robot is the single most iconic thing about the show, and changing it to such a drastic degree makes it feel like a completely different franchise. It's like rebooting Star Trek and using a new design for the Enterprise that looks like a Star Destroyer instead of a Constitution Class.
    eaY7Xxu.png
    Interesting. I always thought it was the sort of retro cheese only people who like retro cheese like.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Interesting. I always thought it was the sort of retro cheese only people who like retro cheese like.

Only if it's an exact replica, as I said above the '90s movie did a reasonable job modernizing the classic look, with only the head potentially needing some minor tweaks to bring it to 2018 standards.
    eaY7Xxu.png
    We do have to consider the setting too. Its possible that in this reboot, they DON'T have the ability to make a robot. So in order to have Robot be in the show if that is the case... Robot would have to come from somewhere.

There were a lot of changes made in the reboot Battlestar Galactica as well. The primary enemy, the Cylon Centurions, went from shiny, alien robot stormtroopers...
    177_7759.JPG
    to being this.
    Cylon_Centurion_20.jpg

On top of other changes like switching from lasers to "Kinetic Energy Weapons" and nuclear warheads, Genderbender Starbuck and Boomer, and altering the origins of the Cylons from alien to human.
    We do have to consider the setting too. Its possible that in this reboot, they DON'T have the ability to make a robot. So in order to have Robot be in the show if that is the case... Robot would have to come from somewhere.

There were a lot of changes made in the reboot Battlestar Galactica as well. The primary enemy, the Cylon Centurions, went from shiny, alien robot stormtroopers...
    177_7759.JPG
    to being this.
    Cylon_Centurion_20.jpg

On top of other changes like switching from lasers to "Kinetic Energy Weapons" and nuclear warheads, Genderbender Starbuck and Boomer, and altering the origins of the Cylons from alien to human.

The Centurions did maintain specific design features though, such as the red eye and the chrome armor. The new Robot design on the other hand doesn't share anything with the original.

BSG also established in the pilot miniseries that the "original" (technically Cylons existed long before the twelve colonies created theirs) Cylon ships and Centurions looked identical to their '70s series counterparts, and a few later episodes even featured those old models in action.
    eaY7Xxu.png
    BSG also established in the pilot miniseries that the "original" (technically Cylons existed long before the twelve colonies created theirs) Cylon ships and Centurions looked identical to their '70s series counterparts, and a few later episodes even featured those old models in action.

Actually... they didn't exist before the colonies. It had been about 40 years since the Cylon War. The later miniseries Blood and Chrome involved events from the first War.
    In the nBSG continuity the Cylons were ALWAYS connected with humans.

Actually... they didn't exist before the colonies. It had been about 40 years since the Cylon War. The later miniseries Blood and Chrome involved events from the first War.
    In the nBSG continuity the Cylons were ALWAYS connected with humans.

The Thirteenth Tribe of Kobol, the one that found and settled on "Earth", was Cylon. They existed thousands of years before the reboot TV show.
    eaY7Xxu.png
    Well... I'm rusty. Give me a break.

The current Cylons origins were colonial.
    Well... I'm rusty. Give me a break.

The current Cylons origins were colonial.

That's what I was getting at when I said original, but put it in quotes :)

nBSG is, IMHO, the greatest show ever made, and last summer I binge watched the entire series again so it's all pretty fresh.
    eaY7Xxu.png
    garaks31 wrote: »
    a bit nostalgie - THE ROBINSONS: LOST IN SPACE Unsold Pilot Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAT4tjjzOCk

Wow, an even worse version of Robot ... but the mother in that pilot, is that the Admiral from Star Trek Discovery?
    eaY7Xxu.png