test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unofficial Literary Challenge 44 Discussion Thread

starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
This is the discussion thread for Unofficial Literary Challenge #44: "Worst Captain Ever".

As usual, be honest and polite.
"Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
— Sabaton, "Great War"
VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/

Comments

• hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    "Worst Captain Ever" - I think all of my Captains fall under that heading. :D
  • xungnguyenxungnguyen Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    My main character may fall into this category due to her royal status. Sapphire's daughter Amy Ketchum-Chew is her designated successor due to her royal birth. Starfleet might have a problem with that.
    temporal_lapras__royal_flagship__by_lapry101-dbutq96.png

"Simba, you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are … you are my son and the one true king." (Mufasa)
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Man, I do have a recurring annoyance captain that might be perfect for prompt 1, where you can do everything right and be wrong...
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
    Nothing came to me this month, since I left on kind of a cliffhanger in my last entry. Maybe next month.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    It's really more of a stub - it was originally intended as the opening sequence for a story that hasn't gelled so far - but at least I managed to put in an entry this time!
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • takeshi6takeshi6 Member Posts: 752 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    It's really more of a stub - it was originally intended as the opening sequence for a story that hasn't gelled so far - but at least I managed to put in an entry this time!

Nice. :)
    76561198160276582.png
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User

Nice work, Jon! It's always fun seeing what new crew think of the captain.

I didn't do anything for this challenge because I'm buried: I've got two STO stories I'm working on and managing a third, plus I've got another project in the works for an Aeon 14 anthology (I'm actually getting paid for that one).
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User

It's a fun stub, though.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    TRIBBLE, I meant to get the next ULC up yesterday. I'll get it done tomorrow afternoon (unless anyone wants to volunteer before then; if you do, just message me and I'll sticky the thread).
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I suck at catching up it seems.

Anyway, Kathryn has been called to deliver supplies and time is critical ... or is it?

Hassid has come back to mess with Kathryn.

I hope you enjoy!
    ---
    Cast for crew:
    Hassid Ricol - Matt Nable
    Benzite - Street Extra 1
    Post edited by cmdrscarlet on
    edited February 2019
    I suck at catching up it seems.

Anyway, Kathryn has been called to deliver supplies and time is critical ... or is it?

Hassid has come back to mess with Kathryn.

I hope you enjoy!
    ---
    Cast for crew:
    Kathryn Beringer - Katheryn Winnick
    Hassid Ricol - Matt Nable
    Benzite - Street Extra 1

Aw snap! Good stuff. I had to go back and read LC21 to get his motivation.