test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Has Cryptic Crippled The Dilithium Mini Game?

lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
As I play the dilithium mini-game I can't help but notice just how sluggish the GUI for it has become. Normally using your key board arrow keys is a snappy and fast way to play, but as of late, that interface has become laggy and noticeably slower in response.

Since the rest of the game appears to play well, and there are no connection issues on my end, I am left to wonder if this is not by design. I.E. has Cryptic deliberately slowed down the dilithium mini game in order to prevent players from winning? Well, that seems to be the end result if not the intended result. While you can still get dilithium from the game, you can't get the full amount.

The lag with the GUI is systemic in that it would appear most mini-games are not affected to the degree that this one is. Granted we have the Omega collection event going on and BOTS are mining the hell out of those and that might have a marginal affect on other mini-games, but it should be noted, an unlikely connection.

No this wreaks of a deliberate slow down of the mini game in order to frustrate players and deny them the full benefit of playing the mini-game. Prove me wrong cryptic, fix the issue and make this a mute point, or prove me right, and let the great slow down continue.

Note - (edit) - I am the only person playing in the instance, and the mini-game GUI is very sluggish and slow to respond. As I look at the other available instances, they are hardly populated as well. No this issue is either a bug, or an introduced alteration to how the game plays.
What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?

Comments

• gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    All minigames are affected, i'm having trouble even with the omega one... there must be an intensive load in the servers for the anniversary...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Huh. I'll see how it is today. Didn't notice any issues yesterday, mid-day eastern.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,293 Community Moderator
    You already started a post complaining of lag and its effect on the Dilithium mini-game. Now posting accusations and demands. This is spamming and flaming.

YBWyACJ.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.