test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sompek Teaming Channel / Thread?

Now that Sompek is coming back for a weekend I’m getting geared up and hoping to go all the way. However, I’m not going to be able to do that if 95% of the PUGS I get teamed with let themselves get murked after round five.

So, I’m wondering, is there a channel or other grouping apparatus I can plug into to find teams looking to survive as long as possible, break records, and earn titles/accolades? Maybe something similar to the Simulation channel which has been a great success?

If not, someone should step up and create a channel, equipment guide, and pointers thread.

In the words of Tony the Space Tiger, “That’d be gerrrrrrrrr-ATE!”

Comments

• fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    I'm sure you'll see some people here who are going to try and get as far as possible.

I imagine that @peterconnorfirst and some of his fleetmates will be among them. Last time I also had some success through the Science Channel.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    As this will be my first time doing this event, I'd like to try to get some legit runs in if I can. Rather than just committing "sempokku" as the kids call it. Not like I can be bothered playing much else in the game right now aside from menu adventures.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Sompek accolade runs have been arranged in the Accolades channel.

You're extremely unlikely to go "all the way" in a pug no matter what. But in any case, there is a timed queue for the token-grabbers and an unlimited queue for the accolade hunters and it doesn't do anyone any good arguing against that every time it (or Kobayashi) runs.
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Did not know there was a Science Channel or Accolade channel? Good information.

Anyone want to start a SOMPEK channel? Heck there is a Simulation channel, FEDSim, KDFSim, SimFED and SimKDF to the same stuff.
    We deserve a SOMPEK channel as well tiger-2.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Although we normally concentrate solely on Draanur colony simulation runs, the in game channel “Simulation” will be letting players form up Sompek teams in our channel this weekend.

Sompek and the Sim use similar builds (i.e. those designed to kill waves of enemies fast) so many people used to the sims will have no issues with Sompek.
    But the longer runs might be tougher though, with more punishing enemies spawning and will require builds with attention focused on long term healing and survival.
    Also, Sompek is a good place to test a build for simulations in terms of DPS as the combat is near constant. Anyone who can manage to go 30 rounds in Sompek should have no issues in a simulation run.

Join us in game by typing “join_channel simulation” into the chat box.

We also have a Discord server if anyone wishes to talk outside of the game: https://discord.gg/NqwQQqy
    SulMatuul.png
  • tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    NoP Public Queues has been handling event teaming pretty well.
    /channel_join grind
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Not too good for full runs though. The NoP channel is mostly for people going to level 5 then stopping.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    Turns out most pugs seem to want to play as far as possible. Been the distance in a few timed runs though I suspect that'll stop soon.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    Turns out most pugs seem to want to play as far as possible. Been the distance in a few timed runs though I suspect that'll stop soon.

It usually depends if you play the timed version or not. Since my pc is at the repair shop and i am running on the pc version of old bessie i am usually glad if it is a mere 6-7 rounds.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    edited January 2018
    Whats the cutoff to get the minimum reward for the day? I thought it was 15 mins but can it go lower if the group dies at what wave?​​
  • pork77pork77 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    You have to defeat 4 waves, and can die during wave 5.
    3U3C0SJ.jpg

... and of course, I'd love to have a T5/6 Kamarag, like there is a T5/6 Ambassador.
    pork77 wrote: »
    You have to defeat 4 waves, and can die during wave 5.

Thank you!​​