test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Besides the anniversary, what are you looking forward to/hope to see in the future?

djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
My Plesh Tral is only four days away, I'm at work, a little bored, and just curious. What are you looking forward to in STO this year?
I'm looking forward to "Victory Is Life", but am a little apprehensive about what it will include. If it's a new faction with a recruitment event, it might be the first time I take it SLOW to level new characters.
C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
-Captain James T. Kirk

Comments

• djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    djf021 wrote: »
    If it's a new faction with a recruitment event, it might be the first time I take it SLOW to level new characters.
    I doubt it. Cryptic has mentioned in the past that they like to alternate what kind of expansions they do
    -LoR = Early game content via new faction
    -DR = End game content with no new faction
    -AoY = Early game content via new faction
    -ViL = End game content with no new faction
    djf021 wrote: »
    My Plesh Tral is only four days away, I'm at work, a little bored, and just curious. What are you looking forward to in STO this year?
    Cryptic has stated there are two new missions coming out before the next expansion hits, and that the latter is the most technically complex mission they have done for STO yet... so I'm excited to see how that works.

I knew there were a couple new missions coming, but hadn't heard the "most technically complex" bit. That's interesting...
    Also if ViL is NOT a new faction, I'll honestly be relieved. I won't be making any new characters for a while.
    Post edited by djf021 on
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    there were delta recruits with delta rising!!

complex ha?!

space jump?
    ground vehicle?
    new grind ?!
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    We will get warp boots to use on the ground maps and special legs for our starships to move on space maps. :)
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    Or maybe we'll get something like we have in that one episode where we play the Dyson ship, but now we will get a special playable species...

Maybe we'll be playing as a Changeling in just this one episode.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Really and truly? Nothing. I'll just take things as they come, as I've done ever since starting as a F2P.

I really look forward to getting another desktop so I can actually play the game rather than just run for my ship (which I'll get tomorrow for my New Year's happy!
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    I’m going to keep my expectations low for whatever comes our way and concentrate on understanding PVP builds and playing styles. I was able to play a match a while ago and absolutely got my butt kicked. PVP doesn’t come around that often, but it’s far more challenging than anything else in the game.
  • earwigvr6earwigvr6 Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    My expectations are seriously low, though if I had to choose something I would choose......

"Something to do "

As currently there is very little content that is playable on a regular basis :-(
  • kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    A new ship creator, ships from previous st games, st discovary,
  • kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    There are ships like the akula that have been used by different publishers and cryptic have said that everything they make belongs to cbs. So it's actually quite possible!
  • soullessraptorsoullessraptor Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    > @criticalthinker said:
    > somtaawkhar wrote: »
    >
    > criticalthinker wrote: »
    >
    > My hopes is that we get away from the Lukari and Kentari plotline in 2018. There is so much potential that is being squandared on this plot.
    >
    >
    >
    > We have two more mission before we get into the Gamma Quadrant expansion with a likely dominion related story.
    >
    > Though I would love to hear what part of the Lukari/Tzenkethi plot you consider squandered.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hey! Its you again. What has been squandered is the oppertunity to actually advance the plot of the Tzenkethi motivations on making the Lukari out to be a major player, a move that has had the effect of demonstrating their imperialistic drive toward political hegemony in the region instead of a developing a working relationship with their neighbors.

Honestly, we're starting to see that the Tzenkethi have a reason, and, while it seems extreme, we don't know how dangerous the Drantzuli are. As to peace, there's factions that appear to be heading that way, if not entirely on board with peaceful
  • startrekronstartrekron Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    I'd like to see a slow down of new ships being introduced, there are too many coming out way too fast. Make the introduction of new ships a major event, perhaps by introducing them via new Featured Episodes.

If development on ships is slowed down I'd like to see some changes/updates made to Bridge Officers (BOFFS). Expand the differences between Tactical, Engineering, and Science officers even more than they currently are in the game. Science officers, for example, would be best suited to complete missions that require expertise with terraforming. Engineers would have a huge advantage when planning technological upgrades or repairs, while Tacticle Officers would have a bigger boost when ground combat is required. As it stands there is rarely a reason to change the makeup of your away teams, make missions that might require some thought as to which officers you have to send and how they may have to be equipped.

Revamp of DS9. Add the medical bay and fix the scale since some of the rooms feel bigger than they should in certain places. Also retro fit the starbase to give it a more Federation feel to it it's tech. Remember this is 30+ years after Nemesis, the Bajorians are members of the Federation now and the station should reflect that realty. StarFleet has had decades to update the decor and tech left behind by the Cardassians and given the importance of Deep Space Nine I'd doubt it be left as is. I'm not saying it should look completely different but have a more Bajoran or Starfleet feel to it.
    "Live Long and Prosper but always carry a fully charged phaser, just in case!". Arrr'ow

Co-Leader of Serenity's Grasp
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    This is not a debate thread. If you want to argue about such things (civilly), please make another thread. Meanwhile, back to the topic...

Qsn3vFp.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch