test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A New Borg ship?

zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
Or should be.

52df2048f7a67b81be64a0b5d3602793.jpg

Personally, I have always felt that all Borg ships should be cubes, but since they are not, maybe one with tenticles / tubiules spring out all over a Borg ship at will for more rapid assimilation makes sense.

Discuss.
f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.

Comments

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    Sorry... Not symmetrical enough.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Reminds me of the human-reaper in Mass Effect 2.

latest?cb=20140621181737
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Well, the skull-like design doesn't seem to be something the Borg would use. Not unless it was an assimilated ship that hadn't been fully upgraded yet.

Using ship-based Tentacles doesn't seem like it would make assimilation faster than the current method of transporting drones to different areas of the ship and injecting nanites into the computer directly. Unless they're meant to hold the ship in place, which Tractor Beams can do already.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Isn't that Brainiac's ship from DC Comics?

I think so. Probably one from after my days of reading comics.
    anazonda wrote: »

I agree.
    renegade-borg-beauty.jpg

tyler002 wrote: »
    Well, the skull-like design doesn't seem to be something the Borg would use. Not unless it was an assimilated ship that hadn't been fully upgraded yet.

Using ship-based Tentacles doesn't seem like it would make assimilation faster than the current method of transporting drones to different areas of the ship and injecting nanites into the computer directly. Unless they're meant to hold the ship in place, which Tractor Beams can do already.

Well, I was thinking that several tubes would probably pass right through shields and upon contact with a ship begin assimilation of both the ship and crew rather than carving up a ship with a cutting beam.

Just my first thoughts.
    edited December 2017
    anazonda wrote: »

I agree.
    renegade-borg-beauty.jpg

That ship was designed by Lore from the original Borg ship, wasn't it? He did find one in disarray after Hue was returned to them and was cut off from the Collective.

I don't think we were ever told where the ship originated from, aside from Picard speculating it may not have even been a Borg ship originally.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    More specifically the version he uses in the Injustice games.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    More specifically the version he uses in the Injustice games.

Yes, it's based on the 90's version of Braniac... and BTW, i would love some new Borg ships, they should adapt already..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • soullessraptorsoullessraptor Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    Honestly, I would be interested in seeing assimilated ship versions of some of our familiar designs. Borg replicating our designs to use against us
  • caltaircaltair Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    Personally, I don't like the skull look for the Borg, it doesn't fit their character as a "society". But I do like the idea of tendrils. I could see them as suped up versions of the drone hand based tubes. I like the idea of them penetrating shields and latching on to a starship like a towing cable, injecting nanites directly into the hull's material at a much higher volume and speed than the drones themselves could.

The nanites themselves could enhanced too, consuming the ship's hull material then pumping that assimilated material through the tendrils back to the originator Borg ship healing it's hull or adding temporary hit points. Or the nanites could reconstruct the targeted ship into a smaller Borg vessel like a probe, sphere, or decahedron.

I remember seeing some non-canon Borg designs several years ago. One in particular was similar to a diamond but more elongated vertically, the result was something of a hybrid between the diamond and a pyramid (from STA). Imagine a vertically elongated diamond without the hollow sides and a more clean surface. If I find the picture of it I'll post it - still looking but it's been at least 5 years since I've seen that picture. But either way, something like that would, imo, be a solid and cool addition to the Borg, with or without the tendrils.
    liCO4Xm.jpg
  • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    I think it needs a laser shooting out of its eye. And maybe a top hat.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    I think it needs a laser shooting out of its eye. And maybe a top hat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M84ELb_Zms4
    Honestly, I would be interested in seeing assimilated ship versions of some of our familiar designs. Borg replicating our designs to use against us
    Same here. One of the STF's has assimilated ships, no reason not to do the same in the actual story. Slap on a full set of Borg tech with the visuals enabled and you're good to go.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    Looks like the Megahead ship from Beast Machines.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg